An employee at the Target forensics lab in classic Target uniform.
The Target Forensics Lab
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 11, 2024

Target, just like many other retailers, has fallen victim to shoplifters, with almost a billion dollars...

Israeli protests stirred debate over Netanyahus position.
Israeli Citizens Demand a Ceasefire
Ethan Fulton, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Israeli citizens stormed central Jerusalem on Sunday, March 31 in the largest anti-government protest...

A cow.
Animals and People Across the Country Catch Bird Flu
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Across the United States, farm animals such as cows and chickens have been testing positive for a disease...

Ukrainian forces survey damage.
Republican Rep. Confident Ukraine Aid Will Make It to House Floor
Canon Grant, Political Analyst • April 5, 2024

Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY) said in a recent CNN “State of the Union” interview that he was confident...

The finished product.
Blissful Brookies
Matthew Greco, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Cookies are amazing. You can put anything in them. Brownies are chocolatey goodness. They’re always...

Dan Schneider hugs a cast member.
Nickelodeon’s Dark Side
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Dan Schneider, director of many of the older Nickelodeon shows like “iCarly,” “The Amanda Show!,”...

There were three racers who did not finish the race.
Australian Grand Prix 2024 Summed Up
Matthew Greco, Columnist • March 28, 2024

The Australian Grand Prix which took place over two days has just come to a close. This article covers...

Fall Production is a Roaring Success

The cast of The Mouse that Roared

Horizon Honors put on another fantastic show this fall, The Mouse That Roared. This play was a comedic satire about a small European country called Grand Fenwick that is in a financial crisis on account of their one trade item, wine, being mass produced in California and being sold at half their price. When their several letters about the situation go unheard they declare war on America. They plan to lose in hopes of being rehabilitated, solving their economic crisis.

I’ve seen many of Horizon’s productions, and am more accustomed to the musicals that have been performed.  As an audience member, this was a very different experience, but also very well done. The story was very unique, and stayed true to being a “comedic satire.” I found myself laughing at the success of Grand Fenwick, America’s response, and the actions and accents of the characters.

The lead roles were Gloriana the Twelfth played by Jaime Faulkner, Tully Bascom played by Justin Bonowski, Count Mountjoy played by Tristen Farley, David Benter played by Dylan Freymuth, Mr. Beston played by Sean McElrath, Professor Kokintz played by Tyler Wengrzyn, General Snippet played by Ian Larson, and the President played by Chris Westersund. These student actors did a magnificent job of bringing the performance and characters to life.

Rob Dixon, the student director, said about the productions, “It’s an awesome experience and I suggest either going to see them or trying it out for yourself.” Hayden Feller, an ensemble performer shared, “One might say it was a roarin’ good time.” Overall it was another beautiful and successful performance by Horizon Honors.

View Comments (1)