Yearbooks: A Look Back

Coverart for the 2013-2014 Yearbook hot off the press.

Photo Courtesy of Daisy Valentin

Addy Bennett, Editor-in-Chief

After taking one glance at the cover, I knew that the 2013-2014 yearbook was going to be good.  I wasn’t wrong.

This time around, the yearbook was chock full of great photos and interviews.  High schoolers and middle schoolers alike were questioned about things like “What do you think about the most”, and played Would-You-Rather with students.  There was even a sibling match-up!

I’m a big stickler for coordination, so if you’re anything like me, you’ll appreciate the selectively eclectic feel of the pages.  All were wonderfully artistic in their own ways, but the themes still fit together.  I liked that students from both middle and high school were integrated in surveys and pictures, as well as the fact that there was still organization between the grades.

Even the school clubs had their own pages, which included a detailed description of each one’s activities.  Spirit week included hilarious photos of students in their unusual attire.  Students like Bennett Wood, junior, starred in the photos, his being a Backwards Day picture.

Another great detail was the baby photos of the seniors.  It was so weird to think that they had been that young once, and the messages put in by their parents were touching and inspiring.

The senior page was my personal favorite.  I enjoyed looking through the headshots and reading each quote.  The pages looked professional, as did the pictures, and they are sure to inspire some good memories when the subject looks through them.

I appreciate all the hard work this year’s yearbook team has done for the publication.  Every detail and questionnaire was yet another opportunity for laughter and fond recollections and I’m sure seniors and seventh graders alike are going to enjoy showing the book to their own children.