Horizon Honors’ Fashionable New Club

The new fashion club is all about bringing together all fashion-interested people and allowing them to be able to express their talents and interests. However, most importantly, it will give them every opportunity to showcase their talents in every way possible.

Caroline Lilleoer, Columnist

The new fashion club at Horizon Honors will be a nationally recognized FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising) Fashion Club that invites fashion-inspired high school students to gather and express their talents in club meetings, activities, and community service. The club entails observing and discussing fashion trends, executing DIYs based on the club’s interests, doing community service projects, and putting on an annual fashion show; this year, they are hoping for the show to occur at the Relay for Life on Feb. 29.

Karolina Grgurovic, one of the founders of the new club, says that she always have been intrigued with fashion ever since she was able to dress herself as a child. She perceived dressing herself as if the world was her runway. “I thought that if I looked my best, I felt my best”, she says. So staying trendy and fashionable was essential to who she is today.

What Karolina expects from the members of the club is individuals, who may want to pursue the fashion industry; has a niche for hair, makeup, nails, construction, design, advertisement, or media; or is anyone who loves fashion overall. “I wish for the members to have a fun and enjoyable experience and have the opportunity to do something they can be proud of,” Grgurovic comments. Be sure to attend the first meeting on Nov. 25 at lunch if you’re interested.