Place to Play Ping-Pong

Hannah Browning

The newly formed ping pong club needs donations of tables, paddles, and ping pong balls.

Hannah Browning, Campus Life Editor

Junior Noe Ramirez started a ping pong club at Horizon Honors. It is sponsored by Pat Andrew and Tamara Heinrich. The club is hoping to meet on silver Fridays after school from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.

The Horizon Sun: Why did you want to start a ping pong club?

Junior Noe Ramirez: I wanted to start Ping Pong Club because I played it for fun with a friend one day and I really enjoyed it. I’ve loved playing it ever since. I started this club to unite all who those who enjoy ping-pong at Horizon and just have fun playing it.

Junior Daniel Haros: Noe was the one that started the club and I was very excited to be a part of his ideas and tag along in his early plans for the club. We wanted to just give Horizon a new experience and something to get more people involved and it would be a great way to meet new people.

The Sun: What experience do you have with ping- pong?

NR: I don’t have any competitive experience with ping- pong but I have played it often in the past with friends.

DH: To be honest, I have zero experience with ping- pong but I do play when given the opportunity because it is a very fun pass time.

The Sun: What is your goal for the club this year?

NR: My goal for the club this year is to get people to improve at ping- pong and overall just have fun!

DH: My goal as a co-vice president is to just have fun with my fellow classmates with ping- pong.

The Sun: What is your favorite thing about playing ping-pong?

NR: My favorite thing about playing ping- pong is the rush it gives me when points are all tied up and it’s the last point. I also enjoy how it’s such a quick game that requires lots of skill.

DH: My favorite thing about ping-pong is the intense focus and accuracy you need;it’s very difficult to master

The Sun: Why should people join the club?

NR: People should join Ping- Pong Club because it’s a place where they can let loose and forget about their everyday stresses and worries. It’s a place where you can just have fun playing against and with your friends. Another reason is that it’s a very enjoyable sport/activity.

DH: People should join ping pong to try out something new and have some good times with your fellow classmates.

Ping pong is a great way to spend time with your friends. However, the club needs donations of ping pong tables, ping pong paddles, and ping pong balls, so make sure to help if you can.