‘Orizon ‘Omecoming 2k15

Homecoming at Horizon Honors is always epic but this year’s dance was one for the ages.

Homecoming+Dance

Photo Courtesy of Zach Asato

The Horizon Honors Homecoming Dance occured on Janurary 24, 2015 from 7-11pm.

Daisy Valentine and Nate Hernandez, Editor and Columnist

On Jan. 24, the students of Horizon Honors gathered in the MPR for the 2015 007 Homecoming. Students spent hours getting ready for this annual formal event: many girls went out to get their hair and nails done; guys made sure that they looked good; and many students gathered around beautiful scenery to take pictures, followed by an enjoyable dinner.

Let’s get to the dance. The doors opened at 7 p.m., although most students did not show until after 7:30 p.m. The MPR had beautiful decor accompanied a spy theme, and decorations lined the walls of the hallway leading into the MPR and the dance floor. There were many different colored lights that flashed and moved to create an amazing environment for dancing and having fun.

There was a wide range of music played for all to enjoy. Everything from techno and dubstep to fun upbeat oldies. Student Council had the challenge of meeting everyones music tastes, and they did a great job with the selection. Of course, we can’t forget that we need a little time to relax from the crazy beats, with slow songs. Over the four hour course of the dance four slow songs were played, one of which honored the Homecoming Court’s special attendees.

Around 10 p.m., the DJ took some time to announce and honor the homecoming court for each class.  Mackenzie Knippers and Ben Riddle were the freshmen representatives; Trevor Tam and Krista Santacruz were the sophomore representatives; Micah Sheveland and Jessie Siebeck were the junior attendants; Sean McElrath and Elizabeth Tafoya were Homecoming Prince and Princess for the senior class and Bennett Wood and Mia Mugavero were Homecoming King and Queen.

Sadly, the dance concluded  at 11 p.m. At this time, I realized that I didn’t want the night to end – I wanted to stay all night because of how much fun it was. Homecoming 2015 was definitely a dance to remember, and I can’t wait to see what Student Council will come up with next.