Photo credit: Emily LaBatt © 2013
Ever wanted to create mouthwatering cupcakes that will be everyone’s favorite? To make your friends and family satisfied this holiday, create these fall inspired cupcake designs that will definitely be a sweet finish to Thanksgiving dinner.
Start by baking your favorite cupcake recipe, then try out the different toppings below. These recipes require stiff frosting for piping, which you can make yourself or purchase at most grocery stores.
orange sugar sprinkles
1) Frost your cupcake orange.
2) Cover the top with orange sugar sprinkles, until you can barely see the frosting underneath.
3) Pipe a green frosting leaf in the middle of the cupcake. You can accomplish this by snipping the tip of a ziploc bag to use as a pastry bag.
FALL TREE CUPCAKE
orange, or any other color of frosting you would like for the base
chocolate chips, or a finely chopped chocolate bar
1) Pour the chocolate into a bowl, and heat it until melted at 30 second intervals.
2) Spoon the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag with the corner snipped off.
3) Drizzle the melted chocolate onto a piece of parchment paper on a cookie tray.
4) Freeze for at least an hour and a half and carefully remove from the parchment.
5) Frost the cupcake orange and insert the tree.
To make a snowy tree, sprinkle the chocolate with white sugar while it is still wet, and frost the cupcake white.