What Happened and How Did It End

Horizon Honors students prepare for the school play “Never Mind What Happened, How Did it End?” during tech week, where they introduce the lighting and sound technology into rehearsal before the first performance on Friday, Oct. 28.

Hannah Browning, Campus Life Editor

“Never Mind What Happened, How Did it End?” is an incredible play about love that Horizon Honors is presenting at the end of this semester. The cast and crew are all excited about their upcoming show.

Editor’s Note: Responses have been edited for clarity.

The Horizon Sun: What is your favorite part about being in the show?

Ella Coste, junior: My favorite part about being in the show would be the “familiness” of it. We’re all just really close. and I love the environment of being around these people and getting to work on a project with them, and then I love performing it with them because it’s such a wonderful experience.

Stephanie Clark, sophomore:  I’ve been acting since I was about four, and I love performing. I love being with such a great cast and all the fun memories that we make bonding, and just the weird things that happen. It’s awesome having memories that will last me a lifetime.

Olivia Wells, freshman:  Getting to meet new people and creating, like, a second family.

Bianca Pizorno, junior: My favorite part about being in the show is that I get to basically transform into my character and take on traits that I don’t necessarily have and learn how to portray them on stage.

Kelly Heiberger, junior: I love drama, family, and Bianca Pizorno. It’s pretty amazing.

The Sun: How is the show going so far?

EC: I think it’s going pretty great. Our tech rehearsals have gone very smoothly so far and everybody’s got a good attitude. I think it’s gonna be a great show.

SC:  I think it’s going really well. We have a really strong cast; we’re all super close. Everyone is so talented and I’m so blessed to be able to share the stage with such amazing actors and actresses.

OW: It’s going really great. We’re on stage right now and it’s a lot of fun.

BP: It’s really fun. We’re in tech week. It’s pretty stressful but, I mean, we signed up for it and we wanted to do it.

KH: It’s going pretty swell.

The Sun: Why should people go see the show?

EC: First of all, people should see the show because we worked so hard on it, and it’s always great to support your theater department. But it’s also just a very emotionally cool show. It really makes you look inside yourself and think about your life and what your life is going to be, and about your past experiences, and I think it’s just a really good show.

SC:  You should go see the show because it’s hilarious, it’s really funny, it’s very quirky and heartwarming. It’s a great family show, with more focus on high schoolers, and it deals with topics that I think people can relate to.

OW:  Because we worked very hard on it and it’s just a really kooky love story.

BP: People should see the show because, one, I’m in it. Two, it’s a really complex yet simple story in a way because it portrays the accuracy–as well as the difficulty–of love in the 1920s through the 1960s. It takes you through time with a lot of the different characters, and it’s really fun.

KH: Because we worked really hard on it, and it’s really amazing and incredible and Bianca Pizorno is in it so go see it.

Tickets for the show went on sale on Monday, Oct. 17. They can be purchased in the secondary front office for five dollars. The show dates are Oct. 28,Oct. 29, Nov. 4, and Nov 5 at 7:30 p.m. and again on Nov. 4 at 3:30 p.m. You won’t want to miss this incredible production.