Fitness Festivals for Fall

An event for all Horizon Honors students to attend including sports such as pickleball, volleyball, basketball, and cornhole.

Lightfield Studios

The heat is finally fading, so spend some time playing outside with your family and supporting our school.

Lilly Wolfe, Columnist

On Friday, November 1, Horizon will be hosting an event where families will have the opportunity to play a multitude of games including pickleball, volleyball, basketball, and cornhole. The event will be hosted at Pecos Park and will run from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. It is completely free; however, you are encouraged to donate. You are required to RSVP here. 

The Family Fitness Festival also includes additional events, including a bounce house and face painting. This event is made for the whole school, so there are activities for the entire family. Food will not be served, however, and it is encouraged to bring your own water. 

Not only is attending this event a way to spend time with friends and family in the crisp fall air, it is also a way to learn more about the Capital Campaign. The Capital Campaign is a fundraising campaign to get money for the building expansion on the secondary side of Horizon Honors. Betsy Fera, Horizon Honors’s Executive Director, will be attending this event to inform parents and students about donating to Capital Campaign.

This entire event is organized by the Community Building Committee, a parent-led group dedicated to strengthening our school’s community by organizing events for Horizon Honors families. They hope to see you and your families there!