An employee at the Target forensics lab in classic Target uniform.
The Target Forensics Lab
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 11, 2024

Target, just like many other retailers, has fallen victim to shoplifters, with almost a billion dollars...

Israeli protests stirred debate over Netanyahus position.
Israeli Citizens Demand a Ceasefire
Ethan Fulton, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Israeli citizens stormed central Jerusalem on Sunday, March 31 in the largest anti-government protest...

A cow.
Animals and People Across the Country Catch Bird Flu
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Across the United States, farm animals such as cows and chickens have been testing positive for a disease...

Ukrainian forces survey damage.
Republican Rep. Confident Ukraine Aid Will Make It to House Floor
Canon Grant, Political Analyst • April 5, 2024

Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY) said in a recent CNN “State of the Union” interview that he was confident...

The finished product.
Blissful Brookies
Matthew Greco, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Cookies are amazing. You can put anything in them. Brownies are chocolatey goodness. They’re always...

Dan Schneider hugs a cast member.
Nickelodeon’s Dark Side
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Dan Schneider, director of many of the older Nickelodeon shows like “iCarly,” “The Amanda Show!,”...

There were three racers who did not finish the race.
Australian Grand Prix 2024 Summed Up
Matthew Greco, Columnist • March 28, 2024

The Australian Grand Prix which took place over two days has just come to a close. This article covers...

Ricin Case Suspect Found

Adaptation of photograph by Museumdetoulouse, available under a Creative Commons

Attribution license. Copyright © 2007 Museumdetoulouse.
    Adaptation of photograph by Museumdetoulouse, available under a Creative Commons Attribution license. Copyright © 2007 Museumdetoulouse.

James Dutschke, a self-proclaimed politician from Mississippi, was arrested on Saturday, April 27, for allegedly sending letters containing Ricin, a highly poisonous substance that is made from the castor bean plant. Letters containing the deadly poison were sent to President Obama, Mississippi Senator Roger Wicker, and Judge Sadie Holland. The letters were intercepted before arriving to their intended recipients.

Originally, Paul Curtis, a self-promoted Republican activist, was the number one suspect. This was due to the fact that each letter was signed “I am KC and I approve this message,” a signature saying by Curtis. After police searched his house, they found no evidence to hold him in jail or even to take him to court, and he was released. Curtis was the one who tipped authorities off about Dutschke. He told police about their online feud, and how Dutschke would love to put the blame on Curtis.

Dutschke was arrested on Saturday and his house was searched for evidence. The biggest tie between Dutschke and the letters is that he knows two out of the three recipients. Dutschke lost the position of State Representative to Steve Holland, which is why Sadie Holland, Steve Holland’s mother, may have received a letter. Dutschke also admitted that he has met Wicker before.

Dutschke has been previously been charged with child molestation accounts involving three girls under the age of 16. He appeared in court earlier this month to plead not guilty and was released. If the authorities can find clear evidence against Dutschke and are able to convict him, he could face life in prison and a $250,000 fine.