Fellowship of Christian Athletes goes Middle School Style

Photo credit: Erica Kendree © 2013

Eighth grader Nicole Leake talks about a Bible verse during an FCA meeting. The first meeting was held on Oct. 2.

Erica Kendree, Columnist

Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), recently branched out to create a middle school club, lead by eighth graders Nicole Leake, Alexa Marshall, and Maggie Kenzler. The club was established in high school a few years ago, but middle school will now have the opportunity to get involved as well.

FCA is a non-profit Christian organization that helps student athletes find a balance with God, school, and sports. FCA focuses on helping communities by encouraging one another to make a difference for God. The FCA website explains that the organization’s vision is, “To see the world impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes.”

Leake, Marshall, and Kenzler hope to share their faith in Christ and encourage other students to live a balanced life. ”I love spreading God’s Word and hope others move further with Christ,” said Marshall. This group meets once a week where students can participate in an activity and socialize. This is followed by an inspirational Bible verse that the leaders discuss and explain. The leaders hope that after the meetings students are encouraged to have a different view of life and learn more about God.

Meetings are held every Tuesday during lunch in Ms. Dinardo’s room or Ms. Davis’s room.