An employee at the Target forensics lab in classic Target uniform.
The Target Forensics Lab
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 11, 2024

Target, just like many other retailers, has fallen victim to shoplifters, with almost a billion dollars...

Israeli protests stirred debate over Netanyahus position.
Israeli Citizens Demand a Ceasefire
Ethan Fulton, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Israeli citizens stormed central Jerusalem on Sunday, March 31 in the largest anti-government protest...

A cow.
Animals and People Across the Country Catch Bird Flu
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Across the United States, farm animals such as cows and chickens have been testing positive for a disease...

Ukrainian forces survey damage.
Republican Rep. Confident Ukraine Aid Will Make It to House Floor
Canon Grant, Political Analyst • April 5, 2024

Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY) said in a recent CNN “State of the Union” interview that he was confident...

The finished product.
Blissful Brookies
Matthew Greco, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Cookies are amazing. You can put anything in them. Brownies are chocolatey goodness. They’re always...

Dan Schneider hugs a cast member.
Nickelodeon’s Dark Side
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Dan Schneider, director of many of the older Nickelodeon shows like “iCarly,” “The Amanda Show!,”...

There were three racers who did not finish the race.
Australian Grand Prix 2024 Summed Up
Matthew Greco, Columnist • March 28, 2024

The Australian Grand Prix which took place over two days has just come to a close. This article covers...

Five-Year-Old Palestinian Girl Found Dead After Being Trapped Under Israeli Fire

Hind Rajab was found dead under a car with her family members by her side.
Hind Rajab is one of many children killed in the war between Israel and Hamas.
News 15

Hind Rajab, a five-year-old girl, was found dead under a car in Gaza. On Jan. 29, 2024, Rajab and her family were fleeing from the fighting in northern Gaza, until they fell under Israeli fire, according to CNN.

Rajab and everyone in the car were found killed by the Israel Defense Forces near the Fares petrol station in the Tal Al-Hawa area, southwest of Gaza City, after about two weeks of her unknown fate due to the Israeli military operation in the area, according to Khader Al Za’anoun, a Palestinian journalist working for CNN who spoke to the child’s grandfather. The Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) confirmed the death of two medics that were dispatched to the family.

Layan Hamadeh, Rajab’s cousin who was in the car, made a desperate call for help to the emergency services. Luckily, the PCRS recorded that. In the recording, there were sounds of gunshots in the distance and heavy artillery near them. “They’re shooting at us, the tank is right next to me, we’re in the car, the tank is right next to us,” said Hamadeh.

As the recording went on, the artillery eventually stopped. Hamadeh went silent and the artillery stopped. The paramedic tried to get a hold of her but received no response.

Alone and scared, Rajab tried one last call for help. “Come take me. Will you come and take me? I’m so scared, please come!”

This is just one case out of the hundreds of Palestinian children being killed each day. As the war continues, change will be needed to protect these vulnerable children.