Bases Loaded at Softball Tryouts

Horizon Honors is holding tryouts for the 2016 softball team. Fourteen girls showed up on the field hoping to make the team. Here are some of the responses of the girls that tried out.

Viviana Padilla, Columnist

Horizon Honors’ tryouts for softball will take place at Horizon Honors’ softball field from Monday, Feb. 8, through Friday, Feb. 12, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.

The Horizon Sun – Why are you trying out for softball?

McKenna Gutt, senior:  “If I didn’t do a sport, I don’t know what I would do, I would be incredibly bored. Plus I love the game and my team.”

McKenna Dunn, sophomore: “I am trying out for softball because I love the sport, want to play with my friends while meeting new ones, and represent my school.”

Alexis Kelly, junior: “I wanted to tryout for softball because I love the sport and being the new kid in school, it’s a great way for me to make some more friends!”

Vivian Fretwell, senior: “I am trying out for softball because I have been with the team the past three years and I want to finish playing my senior year.”

Addie Marie Martin, sophomore: “I am trying out for softball because I love the sport and I had such a great experience last year so I wanted to come back.”

The Sun – Are you excited for the softball season?

MG:I’m very excited for the season because it’s my senior year.”

MD:  “Yes, I played last year so I know the potential of teamwork that we can achieve and I am really excited.”

AK: “I am super excited for the softball season! All of the girls are so nice and welcoming! I’m looking forward to playing with them.”

VF:  “I am excited because it is my final year with the girls and I know that we’ll be able to have fun and be successful on the field.”

AM:  “I am super excited for this year and I can’t wait to see all my friends!”

The Sun – Have you ever played softball before?

MG: “Yes, I have been playing softball for 11 years.”

MD:  “I have been playing softball since 2010 so that would be 6 years now.”

AK:  “I haven’t played softball before but I played baseball when I was younger.”

VF:  “Yes I have played for about 7 years and I played on a club team for a while as well.”

AM: “I played softball last year for Horizon.”