Student Scheduling Meetings

Scheduling course for the 2016-2017 school year is yet to begin, so get your questions ready and get ready to plan ahead for next year.

Diana Gamez, Columnist

As the final quarter approaches, the heads of the school have decided it’s time for students to think ahead and prepare for the upcoming year. On Thursday, March 10, student sessions will take place at specific times to go over their plans.

The scheduling handbook and forms were emailed out to all non-graduating secondary students on March 1. All forms will be due March 29, so that the system has adequate time to project next year’s layout. Teachers will not sign any forms prior to March 10 and only color-coded forms will be accepted. The student scheduling meetings will help this process along, however. Cynthia Shaheen, secondary principal, says scheduling sessions are beneficial because they “[help] students get prepared for the upcoming school year [so] that everyone’s questions get answered, and every student receives the same information.”

There are so many great things to look out for in the upcoming school year. There will be new classes like AP Human Geography, Biology 2, and a digital citizenship (for seventh graders only).The student scheduling sessions have been around from the beginning of the school. Shaheen says, “it’s the student’s life, they are the ones living it: and they should be able to choose what classes they want or not want to take.”

Remember Eagles, don’t be afraid to ask questions in your students sessions and to get those forms signed as soon as possible.

Current Seventh Graders: 8:05 – 8:45 a.m.

Current Eighth Graders: 8:45 – 9:25 a.m.

Current Juniors Graders: 9:35  – 10:35 a.m.

Current Sophomores Graders: 11:35  – 12:35 a.m.

Current Freshmen Graders: 1:05 a.m. – 2:05 p.m.

Current Sixth Graders: 2:20 – 3:15 p.m.