Class registration for 2014-2015

Devin Jones

Mrs. Shaheen giving a presentation to the 9th grade class.

Anja Asato, Editor In Chief

Horizon Honors students will attend meetings today to register for their classes for the 2014-2015 school year. Students will have until Jan. 24 to make a final decision on the classes they would like to request.

Grades 7-9 Student Advisor Heather Wallace highly recommends that students take time to think about, and carefully rank the electives. Students may not receive their top choices depending on class size and scheduling conflicts. Law and Culinary Arts are always the most popular electives, and the most difficult to get into.

Wallace advises upcoming freshmen to consider the Global Cultures Honors elective. “It is a very good prep for AP classes,” she stated. The AP courses are very rigorous, but they are good preparation for college, and high test scores have the potential to earn college credit.

In addition to current classes offered, Introduction to Acting will be available as a prerequisite to Drama 1-2. This class is for students with no acting experience; as an incentive, no audition is required to register for the class. Wallace said, “We tried to make as few changes as possible and we are collecting data from last year’s changes.” However, AP Chemistry and AP Literature are two classes not offered this year that will be available next year due to the two-year rotation.

Secondary 2014-2015 Class Registration Meetings, Jan. 17

8:05 – 8:45 a.m. :  Next year 8th Graders
8:45 – 9:25 a.m. : Next year 9th Graders
9:35 – 10:15 a.m. : Next year 12th Graders
10:15 – 10:55 a.m. :  Next year 11th Graders
11:35 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. :  Next year 10th Graders
2:15 – 3:15 p.m. : Next year 7th Graders