Thankful When In a Tangle

Amelia McCrory, Columnist

Despite the difficult situation the world is currently in, it is important to identify the positives in our lives, one specific one being health. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many had to deal with loved ones passing or becoming deeply ill. With this in mind, I am thankful for my family and friends health and wellbeing. To continue on, quality time with relatives has been a blessing in this past season. With many families spending more time at home to follow precautions, some have bonded with relatives to pass time. In normality, many families are caught up in careers, school, and extracurricular activities. This relaxed lifestyle brought peace to our everyday lives and made us grateful for the opportunities present today.

As many cities have begun the process of reopening, our lives have started to return to normal. In my case, Horizon Honors is continuing to teach secondary students in-person, allowing for social time and a change of scenery.  Even though the divided lunch groups separate us from our close friends, we have had the opportunity to make new friendships with fellow peers. However, our past friendships have still remained strong with the means to connect with others online or safely outside of school. During this time of the unknown, I am grateful for the technology that has given us the opportunity to rise up from the world’s conflict, including the capability to learn or work remotely and evolving medical machinery. Although this year has been a whirlwind of emotion, it has brought many moments of hope and reflection.