National Honor Society Induction

The 2013-2014 officers pose with NHS advisor following the induction ceremony. From left to right: President Manu Kondapi, Secretary Lauren Arenas, Adviser Charles McLaughlin, Treasurer Anja Asato, and Vice President Jillian Whitson.

Serge Hattasch, Columnist

National Honor Society (NHS) held its annual induction ceremony on April 10 to welcome select students into the prestigious society. Inductees and their families attended the ceremony which started with a dinner prepared by the Culinary Arts classes. Following the dinner, NHS advisor, Charles McLaughlin, welcomed the guest speaker, Secondary Humanities Teacher David Vitagliano, who spoke to students about pushing themselves to be their best. Current NHS officers then spoke on the pillars of NHS: character, service, leadership, and scholarship. Inductees were then called to the stage, where they received a plaque with their certificate of induction. The first event that new inductees participated in was Pat’s Run, which was held on Saturday, April 26.

NHS Photos 324.jpg

NHS secretary, senior Lauren Arenas, speaks to the inductees about the importance of character.

NHS treasurer, senior Anja Asato, gives a speech about service to the school and community.

NHS president, senior Manu Kondapi presents sophomore Ben Bitzko with his certificate of induction.

Senior Anja Asato hands a yellow rose to sophomore Kori Klein.

The NHS officers and advisor. From left to right, Manu Kondapi, Lauren Arenas, Charles McLaughlin, Anja Asato, and Jillian Whitson.