Spirit Week is a Big Yes

Spirit Week is a huge deal here at Horizon Honors. Students usually have an abundance of energy, making sure that the first event will kick off a great start to a fundraiser weekend.

This week marks the first Spirit Week of the year so dont forget! Days include 50s Friday, Western Wednesday and Sports-Day Monday.

Photo Courtesy of Arlayna Schooley

This week marks the first Spirit Week of the year so don’t forget! Days include 50s Friday, Western Wednesday and Sports-Day Monday.

Nathalia Rivera, Columnist

tudents are looking forward to the first Spirit Week of the year. Monday will be your favorite sports team, Tuesday is all about college, Wednesday will be western, Thursday is career day, and Friday is 1950s , because of the Sock Hop that takes place the next day.

Senior Bennett Wood, Vice President of Student Council, was interviewed regarding the newest Spirit Week. Wood stated that on Friday, Student Council will go to Pecos Park for the whole day and brainstorm. They pitch a bunch of different thoughts, relying on a combination of old and new ideas for dressing up. Once they have about 20 interesting topics, they choose five. Then the office is notified and they make the final decision. Most of the Student Council are required to dress for these days, specifically the officers, treasurer, two artistic directors, vice president, and president. “I dress for Spirit Week all the time; it’s really fun,” says Wood, concerning the weeklong event.

Evan Mills, grade seven, loves to be a part of Spirit Week because she feels like students can express themselves. Mills expressed that “A lot of the students here at Horizon Honors are just crazy about Spirit Week.” Evan has decided that she is going to dress in an ASU T-shirt for Tuesday, and on Friday she will be wearing a simple fifties outfit. I asked if she had any suggestions on a theme that she would like to have. She responded, saying that “A comfy day would be a great one, because no one likes being uncomfortable.”