Student Cheer Performance

Elementary students and high school Varsity spiritline gather together to show off their skills at this past week’s cheer performances.

Photo Courtesy of Zach Asato

Horizon Honors students Alexa Paige (left), Maddie Paige (center), and Arlayna Schooley (right) participate in the morning meeting. The performance featured young students who attended the cheer clinic.

Bry Holguin, Columnist

This past week, elementary students came together with Horizon Honors Varsity spiritline to display what they’ve learned. Spiritline held a Cheer Clinic on Saturday to teach students cheers, chants, stunts, and a dance to perform for the upcoming week. These performances took place Oct. 27 through 29, in the elementary school courtyard.

I got the chance to watch Wednesday’s performance, and see the girls execute their routine.  Cheerleaders Alexa Page (freshman), Madison Page (junior), and Arlayna Schooley (sophomore) performed to “This is How We Do” by Katy Perry, along with future-cheerleaders Gianna Roberts, Dahlia Rubio, and Sloane Downey who participated in the clinic. Throughout the performance each girl kept a huge smile on her face enjoying her time onstage. After the routine ended, all three girls cheerfully made their way back to the audience receiving praise from their classmates.

Morning Meeting - Cheer
All Photos Courtesy of Zach Asato
Horizon Honors junior Madison Paige participates in the morning meeting. The performance featured young students who attended the cheer clinic.
Morning Meeting - Cheer

Morning Meeting - Cheer