Natalie Smith signs with The Ohio State.
Diving into D-1: Horizon Honors’s Natalie Smith Signs with The Ohio State
Kalyn McLeod, Managing Editor • April 25, 2024

On Wednesday, April 17, Horizon Honors’s senior Natalie Smith announced her commitment to swim Division...

MacAlpines Diner and Soda Fountain is attempting to reopen after the pandemic.
Historic Phoenix Diner Makes Effort to Reopen
Mateo Olmos, Columnist • April 19, 2024

One of Phoenix's oldest diners and soda fountains, called MacAlpines, is trying to reopen for the first...

Hiram Grayam was killed in 1968.
1968 Killing of a Milkman Solved 56 Years Later
Joey Miller, Columnist • April 19, 2024

A Florida milkman by the name of Hiram "Ross" Grayam didn’t return home one night after his rounds....

Charles Leclercs new ice cream will be available in Italian stores.
Lec Ice Cream
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 19, 2024

Charles Leclerc, a well known and highly successful Monegasque F1 driver, has recently created an ice...

Arizona abortion law has gone back in time.
Arizona’s New 160-Year-Old Abortion Law
Kalyn McLeod, Managing Editor • April 19, 2024

Since the overturning of Roe v. Wade in 2022, many states have faced new abortion laws; Arizona is the...

The Bayer Leverkusen team celebrating their title with a cardboard cutout of the Bundesliga trophy.
Bayer Leverkusen Wins Historic First Bundesliga Title
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 19, 2024

On Sunday, April 14, 2024, a match between two top flight German soccer teams Bayer 04 Leverkusen and...

Several popular horror video games.
Horror’s Ability to Possess People
Jet Taft, Columnist • April 19, 2024

Horror, since the concept's creation, has captivated many. The spooky atmospheres, the thrill of adrenaline...

This is Slightly Upsetting

Adaptation of photograph by The Survival Woman, available under a Creative Commons

Attribution license. Copyright © 2007 The Survival Woman .
Adaptation of photograph by The Survival Woman, available under a Creative Commons Attribution license. Copyright © 2007 The Survival Woman .

After a long day of work or school, most of us would like nothing more than to simply go home and rest. Home is a place filled with relaxation and comfort where we can go to relax and recuperate. Since we hold our homes in such high esteem, a lot of us might be surprised to learn that there are a lot of strange germs creeping around our houses that we aren’t even aware of.   Thankfully, I have all of the information you will need to not only locate these germs, but to eliminate them from your home.

If you don’t change your bed sheets often, please do. Did you know that when you lie down in bed, all of the germs that you collect during the day follow you? These germs aren’t necessarily harmful, but they are still gross. People also tend to shed skin during night, which collects on bed sheets. A great way to avoid sleeping on these types of sheet would be to wash them at the end of every week. This will eliminate all of those creepy crawlies and leave you with fresh linens to sleep on.

Think about where your toothbrush is currently stored in your bathroom. If it is anywhere on your bathroom counter, you have actually made a classic mistake in bathroom etiquette. The problem is, when you flush the toilet, a crazy amount of germs fly everywhere within six to ten feet. Even though it is ideal to flush with the toilet seat down, a lot of us don’t. If you are one of these people, it is very likely that your toothbrush has fallen victim to having its personal space invaded by toilet germs. If you want to keep your toothbrushes safe, keep them sealed somewhere far away from the toilet and flush with your lid down.  Doing this will keep your toothbrushes safe from becoming a home for E. coli.

The last thing worth mentioning is how dirty our kitchen sinks are. Did you know that the kitchen sink has more germs than a toilet seat? This actually isn’t that surprising considering all of the things for which we use the kitchen sinks: washing our hands, cleaning our veggies, meats, dishes, pots, pans, and pouring all kinds of food down our drains. All of the particles these things leave behind do not magically disappear, and many of us do not take the time to our clean sinks. To combat this problem, arm yourself with some rubber gloves, and a bleach-based cleaner. If your sink is stainless steel, it is going to need a violent scrub with soap. If you’re feeling really adventurous, you can use some white vinegar to get rid of any stains or spots. Cleaning the kitchen sink will help eliminate a huge amount of germs in the kitchen, and leave you with a clean environment for your food.

These tips can be implemented to improve the cleanliness of your home; no one wants to go home to a germ infested house at the end of a long day. Using these methods will allow you to be confident about the sanitation of your home.  Live clean and prosper!