Digital or Print?

Digital or Print?

Natori Cruz, Editor

People don’t say we’re living in the ‘print’ age, do they? With the inventions of technology increasing, the way we view print and paper is changing. Even our own school newspaper, The Horizon Sun, changed to digital. If you haven’t yet realized that this generation is relying on technology, you soon will.

For anything to be printed, it has to have been digital first before being printed. Going digital is less work than using print. With print, you have it keep the printed paper clean and nice at all times. We all know how easily it is to lose paper and to keep track of it. When you put it on digital, you know where it is and it never changes (unless you want it to). Although digital is better, it does have some disadvantages. When it’s on a computer, you can’t feel it in your hands or see it for yourself. It could possibly get deleted, too.

If you haven’t changed to digital yet, I know how hard it could be. Well, I know how hard watching my mom trying to change is. Plus you have to continue to move forward, not back. Digital also saves money, and who doesn’t like saving money? The sad truth is though, this world is becoming more digital than print as a whole without people even noticing.. We spend more time texting than writing letters, more time on the computer than reading books. If we’re all surrounded by digital, should print still exist?