COVID vaccine before being administered.
COVID Vaccine Found to Have Three Links to Cardiac and Neurological Conditions
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • February 27, 2024

A new vaccine safety study has uncovered new side effects to many COVID vaccines. The effects, which...

Satellite menacingly headed towards Earth.
Forecast Shows Falling Satellite
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to NPR, European Remote Sensing 2, (ERS-2), a European satellite launched in 1995, was recently...

The fossil was determined to be a fraud.
Famous Fossil or Art Project?
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to CNN, researchers say that a famous fossil has caused a scandal. The fossil was discovered...

Title screen for the new adaptation.
“Avatar: The Last Airbender” Live Action Debut
Jet Taft, Columnist • February 27, 2024

The Nickelodeon original “Avatar: The Last Airbender” (ATLA), which ran from 2005 to 2008, has finally...

Hind Rajab is one of many children killed in the war between Israel and Hamas.
Five-Year-Old Palestinian Girl Found Dead After Being Trapped Under Israeli Fire
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 16, 2024

Hind Rajab, a five-year-old girl, was found dead under a car in Gaza. On Jan. 29, 2024, Rajab and her...

Maison Des Champs climbing Sphere.
Man Scales Sphere
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 16, 2024

On Feb. 7, a man by the name of Maison Des Champs, who uses the online name 'Pro-Life Spider-Man,' was...

Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show.
Jon Stewart Returns to “The Daily Show”
Suhani Singla, Columnist • February 16, 2024

CNN states that after eight years of absence, Jon Stewart has returned to “The Daily Show,” a comedic...

Gilbert Goons Arrested

Teenagers in Gilbert arrested for jumping and killing an innocent civilian.
Mugshot of members of the Gilbert Goon.
Arizona Daily Independent
Mugshot of members of the Gilbert Goon.

The Gilbert Goons are a group of wealthy teens that have been going around and attacking people in the Phoenix Valley. They record what they do and post it on social media. People have been referring to them as a gang since they’ve been attacking people in parking lots and parks.

According to AZCentral, the Gilbert Goons are teenagers from southeast Valley high schools. They’re a group of about 20 kids described as “mostly white, upper-middle-class teenagers.” Their attacks include kicking and punching people with brass knuckles. The Goons have been randomly attacking other teenagers for over a year in a broad span of different locations such as parks, parking lots, and fast food restaurants in Gilbert, Arizona.

12 News says one of the Goons’ biggest attacks was when they attacked and killed a teenager by the name of Preston Lord, a 16-year-old boy. On Oct. 28, the Goons climbed into a car where Lord was sitting and knocked him out at a Halloween party. One of the Goons sent a message through Snapchat saying, “I hit a kid and this kid fell hit his head and then they kicked his head in the ground then I got word he died so id

According to the Arizona Daily Independent, shockingly, no arrests were made until Jan. 10 despite local police knowing who committed the crime. Five people were arrested including two adults and two teenagers who confirmed they took part in the attack. Still, there are many more members of the Gilbert Goons out there These arrests include Kyle Renner and Gage Garrison for attacking, and Travis Renner, K. Renner’s father for possession of illegal drugs in a related incident. Nevertheless, investigations will continue and hopefully result in the arrests of the rest of the Goons before they attack or kill any more people. 

View Comments (5)