Natalie Smith signs with The Ohio State.
Diving into D-1: Horizon Honors’s Natalie Smith Signs with The Ohio State
Kalyn McLeod, Managing Editor • April 25, 2024

On Wednesday, April 17, Horizon Honors’s senior Natalie Smith announced her commitment to swim Division...

MacAlpines Diner and Soda Fountain is attempting to reopen after the pandemic.
Historic Phoenix Diner Makes Effort to Reopen
Mateo Olmos, Columnist • April 19, 2024

One of Phoenix's oldest diners and soda fountains, called MacAlpines, is trying to reopen for the first...

Hiram Grayam was killed in 1968.
1968 Killing of a Milkman Solved 56 Years Later
Joey Miller, Columnist • April 19, 2024

A Florida milkman by the name of Hiram "Ross" Grayam didn’t return home one night after his rounds....

Charles Leclercs new ice cream will be available in Italian stores.
Lec Ice Cream
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 19, 2024

Charles Leclerc, a well known and highly successful Monegasque F1 driver, has recently created an ice...

Arizona abortion law has gone back in time.
Arizona’s New 160-Year-Old Abortion Law
Kalyn McLeod, Managing Editor • April 19, 2024

Since the overturning of Roe v. Wade in 2022, many states have faced new abortion laws; Arizona is the...

The Bayer Leverkusen team celebrating their title with a cardboard cutout of the Bundesliga trophy.
Bayer Leverkusen Wins Historic First Bundesliga Title
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 19, 2024

On Sunday, April 14, 2024, a match between two top flight German soccer teams Bayer 04 Leverkusen and...

Several popular horror video games.
Horror’s Ability to Possess People
Jet Taft, Columnist • April 19, 2024

Horror, since the concept's creation, has captivated many. The spooky atmospheres, the thrill of adrenaline...

Gilbert Goons Arrested

Teenagers in Gilbert arrested for jumping and killing an innocent civilian.
Mugshot of members of the Gilbert Goon.
Arizona Daily Independent
Mugshot of members of the Gilbert Goon.

The Gilbert Goons are a group of wealthy teens that have been going around and attacking people in the Phoenix Valley. They record what they do and post it on social media. People have been referring to them as a gang since they’ve been attacking people in parking lots and parks.

According to AZCentral, the Gilbert Goons are teenagers from southeast Valley high schools. They’re a group of about 20 kids described as “mostly white, upper-middle-class teenagers.” Their attacks include kicking and punching people with brass knuckles. The Goons have been randomly attacking other teenagers for over a year in a broad span of different locations such as parks, parking lots, and fast food restaurants in Gilbert, Arizona.

12 News says one of the Goons’ biggest attacks was when they attacked and killed a teenager by the name of Preston Lord, a 16-year-old boy. On Oct. 28, the Goons climbed into a car where Lord was sitting and knocked him out at a Halloween party. One of the Goons sent a message through Snapchat saying, “I hit a kid and this kid fell hit his head and then they kicked his head in the ground then I got word he died so id

According to the Arizona Daily Independent, shockingly, no arrests were made until Jan. 10 despite local police knowing who committed the crime. Five people were arrested including two adults and two teenagers who confirmed they took part in the attack. Still, there are many more members of the Gilbert Goons out there These arrests include Kyle Renner and Gage Garrison for attacking, and Travis Renner, K. Renner’s father for possession of illegal drugs in a related incident. Nevertheless, investigations will continue and hopefully result in the arrests of the rest of the Goons before they attack or kill any more people. 

View Comments (5)