COVID vaccine before being administered.
COVID Vaccine Found to Have Three Links to Cardiac and Neurological Conditions
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • February 27, 2024

A new vaccine safety study has uncovered new side effects to many COVID vaccines. The effects, which...

Satellite menacingly headed towards Earth.
Forecast Shows Falling Satellite
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to NPR, European Remote Sensing 2, (ERS-2), a European satellite launched in 1995, was recently...

The fossil was determined to be a fraud.
Famous Fossil or Art Project?
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to CNN, researchers say that a famous fossil has caused a scandal. The fossil was discovered...

Title screen for the new adaptation.
“Avatar: The Last Airbender” Live Action Debut
Jet Taft, Columnist • February 27, 2024

The Nickelodeon original “Avatar: The Last Airbender” (ATLA), which ran from 2005 to 2008, has finally...

Hind Rajab is one of many children killed in the war between Israel and Hamas.
Five-Year-Old Palestinian Girl Found Dead After Being Trapped Under Israeli Fire
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 16, 2024

Hind Rajab, a five-year-old girl, was found dead under a car in Gaza. On Jan. 29, 2024, Rajab and her...

Maison Des Champs climbing Sphere.
Man Scales Sphere
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 16, 2024

On Feb. 7, a man by the name of Maison Des Champs, who uses the online name 'Pro-Life Spider-Man,' was...

Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show.
Jon Stewart Returns to “The Daily Show”
Suhani Singla, Columnist • February 16, 2024

CNN states that after eight years of absence, Jon Stewart has returned to “The Daily Show,” a comedic...

Fall Production is a Roaring Success

The cast of The Mouse that Roared

Horizon Honors put on another fantastic show this fall, The Mouse That Roared. This play was a comedic satire about a small European country called Grand Fenwick that is in a financial crisis on account of their one trade item, wine, being mass produced in California and being sold at half their price. When their several letters about the situation go unheard they declare war on America. They plan to lose in hopes of being rehabilitated, solving their economic crisis.

I’ve seen many of Horizon’s productions, and am more accustomed to the musicals that have been performed.  As an audience member, this was a very different experience, but also very well done. The story was very unique, and stayed true to being a “comedic satire.” I found myself laughing at the success of Grand Fenwick, America’s response, and the actions and accents of the characters.

The lead roles were Gloriana the Twelfth played by Jaime Faulkner, Tully Bascom played by Justin Bonowski, Count Mountjoy played by Tristen Farley, David Benter played by Dylan Freymuth, Mr. Beston played by Sean McElrath, Professor Kokintz played by Tyler Wengrzyn, General Snippet played by Ian Larson, and the President played by Chris Westersund. These student actors did a magnificent job of bringing the performance and characters to life.

Rob Dixon, the student director, said about the productions, “It’s an awesome experience and I suggest either going to see them or trying it out for yourself.” Hayden Feller, an ensemble performer shared, “One might say it was a roarin’ good time.” Overall it was another beautiful and successful performance by Horizon Honors.

View Comments (1)