COVID vaccine before being administered.
COVID Vaccine Found to Have Three Links to Cardiac and Neurological Conditions
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • February 27, 2024

A new vaccine safety study has uncovered new side effects to many COVID vaccines. The effects, which...

Satellite menacingly headed towards Earth.
Forecast Shows Falling Satellite
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to NPR, European Remote Sensing 2, (ERS-2), a European satellite launched in 1995, was recently...

The fossil was determined to be a fraud.
Famous Fossil or Art Project?
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to CNN, researchers say that a famous fossil has caused a scandal. The fossil was discovered...

Title screen for the new adaptation.
“Avatar: The Last Airbender” Live Action Debut
Jet Taft, Columnist • February 27, 2024

The Nickelodeon original “Avatar: The Last Airbender” (ATLA), which ran from 2005 to 2008, has finally...

Hind Rajab is one of many children killed in the war between Israel and Hamas.
Five-Year-Old Palestinian Girl Found Dead After Being Trapped Under Israeli Fire
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 16, 2024

Hind Rajab, a five-year-old girl, was found dead under a car in Gaza. On Jan. 29, 2024, Rajab and her...

Maison Des Champs climbing Sphere.
Man Scales Sphere
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 16, 2024

On Feb. 7, a man by the name of Maison Des Champs, who uses the online name 'Pro-Life Spider-Man,' was...

Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show.
Jon Stewart Returns to “The Daily Show”
Suhani Singla, Columnist • February 16, 2024

CNN states that after eight years of absence, Jon Stewart has returned to “The Daily Show,” a comedic...

Secondary Spirit Week and Homecoming at Horizon Honors

Homecoming festivities at Horizon Honors start the week of Jan. 22, which is a spirit week. The week wraps up with a homecoming tailgate on Jan. 26.
An advertisement graphic for the Homecoming Tailgate found in the Secondary Announcements.
Addyson Gauer

On Jan. 22, a spirit week is starting for middle and high schoolers. The spirit week is celebrating the Homecoming dance. Monday is going to start the week off comfy, with a Sweater Weather Day; wear comfortable clothing and cozy sweaters. The next day is Team Tuesday, when students are asked to support your favorite sports team by wearing their gear or colors. Wednesday is Bright Lights Day. Students are encouraged to put on their brightest and most colorful outfits. Following that is Trio Thursday, where students can dress up as an iconic trio from a book, TV show, or movie. Last but not least: White Out Day. Dress in all white and be prepared for a pep rally!

Friday’s White Out Day is in celebration of the white out Homecoming basketball games. The games are a part of the Jan. 26 Homecoming Tailgate, hosted outside of the gym. There will be food trucks, candy, chips, popcorn, and all other kinds of sweets and snacks. The food trucks that will be present are Sweet Magnolia Smokehouse and Eggsquisite Sweet Dessert Truck. While the spectators are watching the game, they can enjoy delicious food. The JV boys basketball team will start playing at 4 p.m and girls varsity will begin at 5:30 p.m. There will be royalty announcements after that game, followed by the boys varsity game at 7 p.m.

Saturday, Jan. 27 is the Homecoming dance. The theme is northern lights, so look out for themed decorations, dancing, and fun at the ASU Coca-Cola Sun Deck. The dance will be from 7 to 11 p.m for high schoolers only, unlike the spirit week and tailgate. Single tickets can be bought through Powerschool for just $35, so put on formal attire and get dancing!