My Fondest Farewell
My Fondest Farewell
Carsten Oyer, Editor-in-Chief • May 24, 2024

Five years ago I entered the computer lab here on campus for the first time. I was attending the class...

My Last Article
My Last Article
Canon Grant, Political Analyst • May 24, 2024

Dear Horizon Honors, In Journalism, farewell articles are reserved for those who have spent a significant...

Daniel Duggan is under suspicion of betraying the U.S.
Former U.S. Marine Arrested in Australia after Unknowingly Working with a Chinese Hacker
Joey Miller, Columnist • May 21, 2024

A former United States Marine pilot fighting extradition from Australia to the U.S. was charged with...

Mary Alice Pultz has been identified as a dead body found decades ago.
Authorities in Florida Identify Remains of Woman Last Seen 40 Years Ago
Ethan Fulton, Columnist • May 21, 2024

In 1985, human remains were found on a beach in St. Johns County, Florida. On May 12, police were able...

Israels actions in the Gaza Strip are worthy of being called genocidal.
Israel Has Chosen Criminality
Carsten Oyer, Editor-in-Chief • May 21, 2024

It would be disingenuous to say that the Oct. 7, 2023 terror attack on Israel sparked the current war...

The aurora borealis could be seen in Arizona recently.
Aurora Borealis Visible in Arizona
Eli Geist, Columnist • May 21, 2024

Many travel far north just to get a glimpse of the aurora borealis; however, recently the amazing spectacle...

Squad Busters is a new game from Supercell.
New Supercell Game: “Squad Busters”
Matthew Greco, Columnist • May 21, 2024

The popular mobile game company Supercell just announced a new game currently in development called “Squad...

Interview With A Basketball Player

Megan Burtraw
Senior WIll McKenna, center, takes a shot during a recent game against Vista Grande High School.

The sounds of cheering fans, the smell of food wafting from the concession stand, feet running across the gym floor, and the  sound of the final buzzer fill the gym. Many of us at Horizon Honors went to the Homecoming game and most of us probably know what it feels like to be a fan cheering from the stands, but few of us know what it feels like to be one of the players running across the court. To get inside the mind of a team member, I interviewed Will McKenna, one of the Senior team members who played in the Homecoming game. When I asked him how he felt about representing our school in this way, he said, “It does make you a bit nervous. You are going out in front of all of your friends and classmates so they can watch you win or lose, and they’re always hoping for a win.” When I asked him how playing in the Homecoming game compared to a regular game, he said, “Personally, it’s pretty much the same, but it’s normal for players to get nervous.”  My final question addressed how he personally felt about the Homecoming game. “Despite how the game might’ve ended, I feel that we actually played really well. We did lose, but you have to realize that the team we were playing against hasn’t lost a game to a single non-division one team, teams like Mountain Pointe and Desert Vista. I’m upset that we lost, but I’m also proud of how well we were able to do against such an amazing team and that the fans were able to support us so passionately through it all.”

View Comments (1)