An employee at the Target forensics lab in classic Target uniform.
The Target Forensics Lab
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 11, 2024

Target, just like many other retailers, has fallen victim to shoplifters, with almost a billion dollars...

Israeli protests stirred debate over Netanyahus position.
Israeli Citizens Demand a Ceasefire
Ethan Fulton, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Israeli citizens stormed central Jerusalem on Sunday, March 31 in the largest anti-government protest...

A cow.
Animals and People Across the Country Catch Bird Flu
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Across the United States, farm animals such as cows and chickens have been testing positive for a disease...

Ukrainian forces survey damage.
Republican Rep. Confident Ukraine Aid Will Make It to House Floor
Canon Grant, Political Analyst • April 5, 2024

Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY) said in a recent CNN “State of the Union” interview that he was confident...

The finished product.
Blissful Brookies
Matthew Greco, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Cookies are amazing. You can put anything in them. Brownies are chocolatey goodness. They’re always...

Dan Schneider hugs a cast member.
Nickelodeon’s Dark Side
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Dan Schneider, director of many of the older Nickelodeon shows like “iCarly,” “The Amanda Show!,”...

There were three racers who did not finish the race.
Australian Grand Prix 2024 Summed Up
Matthew Greco, Columnist • March 28, 2024

The Australian Grand Prix which took place over two days has just come to a close. This article covers...

Interview With A Basketball Player

Megan Burtraw
Senior WIll McKenna, center, takes a shot during a recent game against Vista Grande High School.

The sounds of cheering fans, the smell of food wafting from the concession stand, feet running across the gym floor, and the  sound of the final buzzer fill the gym. Many of us at Horizon Honors went to the Homecoming game and most of us probably know what it feels like to be a fan cheering from the stands, but few of us know what it feels like to be one of the players running across the court. To get inside the mind of a team member, I interviewed Will McKenna, one of the Senior team members who played in the Homecoming game. When I asked him how he felt about representing our school in this way, he said, “It does make you a bit nervous. You are going out in front of all of your friends and classmates so they can watch you win or lose, and they’re always hoping for a win.” When I asked him how playing in the Homecoming game compared to a regular game, he said, “Personally, it’s pretty much the same, but it’s normal for players to get nervous.”  My final question addressed how he personally felt about the Homecoming game. “Despite how the game might’ve ended, I feel that we actually played really well. We did lose, but you have to realize that the team we were playing against hasn’t lost a game to a single non-division one team, teams like Mountain Pointe and Desert Vista. I’m upset that we lost, but I’m also proud of how well we were able to do against such an amazing team and that the fans were able to support us so passionately through it all.”

View Comments (1)