A Run in the Sun

U.S. Army

Come one, come all, to the Horizon Honors Family Fun Run!

Carsten Oyer, Editor-in-Chief

Horizon Honors is hosting the Family Fun Run for the whole family! The event will take place at 2 p.m. at Pecos Park on Sunday, Feb. 23, with a map of the run and more details being disclosed soon.

What makes this Family Fun Run special is the theme of the event. It will be a “chaser run,” which is where the kids have a head start, and parents chase from behind. The fun run is open to students, parents, families, and friends of all ages. Grades K-12 and adults will be registered to run and will be assigned running numbers as a way to track the finishing times of participants. However, if running isn’t your cup of tea, then Horizon Honors welcomes you to cheer on the runners from the sidelines.

To participate in the Family Fun Run, adults need to pay $20, and kids pay $15. For larger groups, consider the family price, which covers two adults and two children. This comes out to $60, with an additional $10 for any other students.

To register to run, you can find the payment options on the Horizon Honors website here. If desired, you can even purchase a $12 shirt to show off your Horizon Honors Family Fun Run participation (shirts come in unisex, ladies, and youth sizes). However, these shirts are only available for pre-order and will be delivered prior to the race, with a logo and sample being displayed soon. Bring your family for some bonding time and exercise after the business of the holidays.