Natalie Smith signs with The Ohio State.
Diving into D-1: Horizon Honors’s Natalie Smith Signs with The Ohio State
Kalyn McLeod, Managing Editor • April 25, 2024

On Wednesday, April 17, Horizon Honors’s senior Natalie Smith announced her commitment to swim Division...

MacAlpines Diner and Soda Fountain is attempting to reopen after the pandemic.
Historic Phoenix Diner Makes Effort to Reopen
Mateo Olmos, Columnist • April 19, 2024

One of Phoenix's oldest diners and soda fountains, called MacAlpines, is trying to reopen for the first...

Hiram Grayam was killed in 1968.
1968 Killing of a Milkman Solved 56 Years Later
Joey Miller, Columnist • April 19, 2024

A Florida milkman by the name of Hiram "Ross" Grayam didn’t return home one night after his rounds....

Charles Leclercs new ice cream will be available in Italian stores.
Lec Ice Cream
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 19, 2024

Charles Leclerc, a well known and highly successful Monegasque F1 driver, has recently created an ice...

Arizona abortion law has gone back in time.
Arizona’s New 160-Year-Old Abortion Law
Kalyn McLeod, Managing Editor • April 19, 2024

Since the overturning of Roe v. Wade in 2022, many states have faced new abortion laws; Arizona is the...

The Bayer Leverkusen team celebrating their title with a cardboard cutout of the Bundesliga trophy.
Bayer Leverkusen Wins Historic First Bundesliga Title
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 19, 2024

On Sunday, April 14, 2024, a match between two top flight German soccer teams Bayer 04 Leverkusen and...

Several popular horror video games.
Horror’s Ability to Possess People
Jet Taft, Columnist • April 19, 2024

Horror, since the concept's creation, has captivated many. The spooky atmospheres, the thrill of adrenaline...

Is Old Drake Back?

Drake’s new single reminds his fans of his talents and new album.
Drakes promo picture for Slime You Out featuring Halle Berry
Okayplaye
Drake’s promo picture for “Slime You Out” featuring Halle Berry

Drake is one of the most popular rap and blue (R&B) artists around the world. He is originally from Toronto, Canada and currently lives there. He is most well known for his smooth lyrics in the R&B community.  Drake first showcased his voice in 2006, and ever since then he’s been an unstoppable force in the music industry. He’s recently been on his “It’s All A Blur Tour” with 21 Savage, which has brought all the attention back to him, giving him a lot of recognition from fans and media.

Drake recently dropped a new hit single called “Slime You Out” featuring one of the most popular artists in the game, SZA. “Slime You Out” is set to be a game changer in the music industry. Drake’s smooth verses and SZA’s voice blend very well in this track, creating a unique experience. The song explores themes of love, desire, and vulnerability, showcasing Drake’s ability to connect with his audience on a deep emotional level. Many were looking forward to this feature because Drake and SZA have some experience in the past. According to Complex, they used to date back in 2008 and throughout the years have hinted at their relationship through songs. This gave people the thought that they had a toxic relationship, but both have stated that there’s nothing bad to say about it either.

Drake announced that he was going to be releasing a new album called “For All The Dogs”. Many fans were on the edge of their seats waiting for it to drop, but its release date got pushed back a whole month. According to Pitchfork, the original date was set out for Sep. 22, but is now Oct. 6. This album has been all over social media, with people dropping fake samples of possible songs, so no one has any idea what this album will be like. Not many know the true reason on why this album got pushed back, but many think that Drake wants to perfect this album to its best abilities. Some also speculate that he may have moved it back since many artists are dropping music in September. For example Lil Tecca, a young singer and trap artist is releasing an album called TEC, also on Sep. 22, so Drake may have moved his date back so other artists can have their own spotlight.

Many were anticipating this song and album since Drake dropped a poetry book called “Titles Ruin Everything” hinting at a possible drop of an eighth studio album. In this album, Drake talks about how some miss the old Drake, so many wonder if he’ll bring back his old style of music. In “Slime You Out” Drake takes his old approach of showing off his voice and deep meaning like he used to. This gave many an idea that the whole album may be this way, but it could be a  misunderstanding. This song dropping was sort of like a gift to his fellow fans. Getting them in the mood for this album, but if anyone is a true fan, then they’re always in the mood for some Drake.