COVID vaccine before being administered.
COVID Vaccine Found to Have Three Links to Cardiac and Neurological Conditions
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • February 27, 2024

A new vaccine safety study has uncovered new side effects to many COVID vaccines. The effects, which...

Satellite menacingly headed towards Earth.
Forecast Shows Falling Satellite
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to NPR, European Remote Sensing 2, (ERS-2), a European satellite launched in 1995, was recently...

The fossil was determined to be a fraud.
Famous Fossil or Art Project?
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to CNN, researchers say that a famous fossil has caused a scandal. The fossil was discovered...

Title screen for the new adaptation.
“Avatar: The Last Airbender” Live Action Debut
Jet Taft, Columnist • February 27, 2024

The Nickelodeon original “Avatar: The Last Airbender” (ATLA), which ran from 2005 to 2008, has finally...

Hind Rajab is one of many children killed in the war between Israel and Hamas.
Five-Year-Old Palestinian Girl Found Dead After Being Trapped Under Israeli Fire
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 16, 2024

Hind Rajab, a five-year-old girl, was found dead under a car in Gaza. On Jan. 29, 2024, Rajab and her...

Maison Des Champs climbing Sphere.
Man Scales Sphere
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 16, 2024

On Feb. 7, a man by the name of Maison Des Champs, who uses the online name 'Pro-Life Spider-Man,' was...

Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show.
Jon Stewart Returns to “The Daily Show”
Suhani Singla, Columnist • February 16, 2024

CNN states that after eight years of absence, Jon Stewart has returned to “The Daily Show,” a comedic...

Artemis Rocket Has Difficulty in Orbit

The Jan. 8 launch of the Artemis II rocket was met with trouble when the propulsion system failed.
The Artemis rocket launch went sideways.
Northrop Grumman

The Artemis II rocket launch that aimed to put an unmanned lander on the moon encountered technical difficulties when the spacecraft failed to position itself facing the sun. This caused the spacecraft to fail to get a proper charge. CNN reported the situation was resolved but revealed a problem: a flaw in the propulsion system. Peregrine, the vehicle set to land on the moon, had a successful launch atop a Vulcan Centaur rocket placing the spacecraft into a lunar injection orbit; However, the recent issues have set the timetable back. Reuters reports that NASA has delayed key milestones in the Artemis mission including Artemis I and II.

On its webpage, NASA states that the goals of the Artemis mission are to land the first woman and person of color on the moon, to learn how to take the next big leap to Mars, and to establish the first long-term human-robotic presence on the moon. NASA, along with many other countries and private corporations, plan on building a permanent space station on the moon around 2028 while also landing man on the moon for a second time in 2026.

While the mechanical issues facing the Peregrine are unfortunate, such is the cost of exploring a bold new frontier. As Norman Peale once said “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” That is certainly what the Artemis mission has attempted to do.