An employee at the Target forensics lab in classic Target uniform.
The Target Forensics Lab
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 11, 2024

Target, just like many other retailers, has fallen victim to shoplifters, with almost a billion dollars...

Israeli protests stirred debate over Netanyahus position.
Israeli Citizens Demand a Ceasefire
Ethan Fulton, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Israeli citizens stormed central Jerusalem on Sunday, March 31 in the largest anti-government protest...

A cow.
Animals and People Across the Country Catch Bird Flu
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Across the United States, farm animals such as cows and chickens have been testing positive for a disease...

Ukrainian forces survey damage.
Republican Rep. Confident Ukraine Aid Will Make It to House Floor
Canon Grant, Political Analyst • April 5, 2024

Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY) said in a recent CNN “State of the Union” interview that he was confident...

The finished product.
Blissful Brookies
Matthew Greco, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Cookies are amazing. You can put anything in them. Brownies are chocolatey goodness. They’re always...

Dan Schneider hugs a cast member.
Nickelodeon’s Dark Side
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Dan Schneider, director of many of the older Nickelodeon shows like “iCarly,” “The Amanda Show!,”...

There were three racers who did not finish the race.
Australian Grand Prix 2024 Summed Up
Matthew Greco, Columnist • March 28, 2024

The Australian Grand Prix which took place over two days has just come to a close. This article covers...

C.A.L.L.E. de Arizona Presents the First Annual Mariachi and Folklórico Festival in Phoenix, Arizona

Celebrate Mexican culture in Phoenix through the first mariachi festival.
This fantastic event will celebrate Mexican culture.
AZ Central

The first annual Phoenix Mariachi & Folklórico Festival presented by C.A.L.L.E. de Arizona and the Herberger Theater Center is scheduled for Saturday, March 2. Maestra Vanessa Ramirez, director of Ballet Folklórico Quetzalli-AZ and C.A.L.L.E. de Arizona, has organized this special event to showcase the amazing talent in the Arizona mariachi and dance communities.

The Festivities kick off at 7 p.m. with headliner Mariachi Estrella de México, the dynamic band straight from the heart of Guadalajara, Jalisco. Audiences will also hear the incredible talent of Mariachi Sonido De Mexico. But that’s not all –  they keep the thrill alive with local talents like Olivia Calderon, Mariachi Rubor, and an array of performers yet to be unveiled, building anticipation for an extraordinary showcase. Adding an electrifying touch to the festivities, the dazzling folklórico dancers from Ballet Folklórico Quetzalli-AZ will sweep the audience off their feet.

Ramirez created Ballet Folklórico Quetzalli-AZ in 2008. Since its inception, the organization has emerged from a grassroots, community-driven effort of youth advocacy, self-empowerment, and cultural education. It has grown into a full-blown studio of the arts serving more than 100 students, from the age of four to adults. In due time, the spirit of an organization known as C.A.L.L.E de Arizona, formally called C3HR, aligned itself with what Ramierez was doing, resulting in a myriad of positive influences at various levels of the community, including arts, music, dance, culture, language, stories, and civic engagement.

For more information about the first annual Mariachi and Folklórico Festival on March 2 in Phoenix, visit Herberger Theater online.