An employee at the Target forensics lab in classic Target uniform.
The Target Forensics Lab
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 11, 2024

Target, just like many other retailers, has fallen victim to shoplifters, with almost a billion dollars...

Israeli protests stirred debate over Netanyahus position.
Israeli Citizens Demand a Ceasefire
Ethan Fulton, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Israeli citizens stormed central Jerusalem on Sunday, March 31 in the largest anti-government protest...

A cow.
Animals and People Across the Country Catch Bird Flu
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Across the United States, farm animals such as cows and chickens have been testing positive for a disease...

Ukrainian forces survey damage.
Republican Rep. Confident Ukraine Aid Will Make It to House Floor
Canon Grant, Political Analyst • April 5, 2024

Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY) said in a recent CNN “State of the Union” interview that he was confident...

The finished product.
Blissful Brookies
Matthew Greco, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Cookies are amazing. You can put anything in them. Brownies are chocolatey goodness. They’re always...

Dan Schneider hugs a cast member.
Nickelodeon’s Dark Side
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Dan Schneider, director of many of the older Nickelodeon shows like “iCarly,” “The Amanda Show!,”...

There were three racers who did not finish the race.
Australian Grand Prix 2024 Summed Up
Matthew Greco, Columnist • March 28, 2024

The Australian Grand Prix which took place over two days has just come to a close. This article covers...

Trump Victory Knocks Haley Out after Super Tuesday

Haley, unable to capitalize on D.C. victory, lost all but one state on Super Tuesday, leaving former president Donald Trump to rematch Joe Biden.
Trump is celebrating after defeating Haley in the Republican primary election.
AP News

After Nikki Haley’s defeat on Super Tuesday when she only won the state of Vermont, it has been reported that the only challenger to former President Donald Trump is going to drop out of the race. This will leave Trump the Republican candidacy. ABC News reports that Haley will drop out of the Republican primary race after being unable to capitalize on her victory in Washington D.C. on Sunday, March 3. 

Donald Trump was able to secure the votes of 14 states on March 5, winning a total of 848 delegates, bumping him up to 1,059 delegates out of the total 1,215 needed to win, according to information from NBC News. The Hill reported the former Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) endorsed Trump after the news of Haley’s suspensions of her campaign. Talks of the endorsement came shortly after McConnell ended his 18-year career as Republican leader. Trump’s victory Tuesday almost guarantees a rematch against Democrat President Joe Biden, as the presidential candidate runs practically unopposed in his own party.

The presidential election wasn’t the only race to watch on Super Tuesday; NBC News reported on two key Senate races in the states of Texas and California. California watched the race to replace the former California Senator Dianne Feinstein. Democrat Adam Schiff and Republican Steve Garvey were chosen to battle for the Senate seat in California. In Texas, incumbent Republican Senator Ted Cruz is slated to race against Rep. Colin Allred in November after Allred won the election against his opponent Roland Gutierrez. 

With 219 Republicans and 213 Democrats in the House of Representatives and 48 Democrats in the Senate (with three additional independents who caucus with Democrats) and 49 Republicans, November is set to be a decisive election cycle. CNBC reports that Biden may be losing his edge over Trump after a series of polls revealed that Trump has an edge of two to five points over the President. Without Haley in the race, the general election has drawn closer, even before the primary election is over.