My Fondest Farewell
My Fondest Farewell
Carsten Oyer, Editor-in-Chief • May 24, 2024

Five years ago I entered the computer lab here on campus for the first time. I was attending the class...

My Last Article
My Last Article
Canon Grant, Political Analyst • May 24, 2024

Dear Horizon Honors, In Journalism, farewell articles are reserved for those who have spent a significant...

Daniel Duggan is under suspicion of betraying the U.S.
Former U.S. Marine Arrested in Australia after Unknowingly Working with a Chinese Hacker
Joey Miller, Columnist • May 21, 2024

A former United States Marine pilot fighting extradition from Australia to the U.S. was charged with...

Mary Alice Pultz has been identified as a dead body found decades ago.
Authorities in Florida Identify Remains of Woman Last Seen 40 Years Ago
Ethan Fulton, Columnist • May 21, 2024

In 1985, human remains were found on a beach in St. Johns County, Florida. On May 12, police were able...

Israels actions in the Gaza Strip are worthy of being called genocidal.
Israel Has Chosen Criminality
Carsten Oyer, Editor-in-Chief • May 21, 2024

It would be disingenuous to say that the Oct. 7, 2023 terror attack on Israel sparked the current war...

The aurora borealis could be seen in Arizona recently.
Aurora Borealis Visible in Arizona
Eli Geist, Columnist • May 21, 2024

Many travel far north just to get a glimpse of the aurora borealis; however, recently the amazing spectacle...

Squad Busters is a new game from Supercell.
New Supercell Game: “Squad Busters”
Matthew Greco, Columnist • May 21, 2024

The popular mobile game company Supercell just announced a new game currently in development called “Squad...

Trump Victory Knocks Haley Out after Super Tuesday

Haley, unable to capitalize on D.C. victory, lost all but one state on Super Tuesday, leaving former president Donald Trump to rematch Joe Biden.
Trump is celebrating after defeating Haley in the Republican primary election.
AP News

After Nikki Haley’s defeat on Super Tuesday when she only won the state of Vermont, it has been reported that the only challenger to former President Donald Trump is going to drop out of the race. This will leave Trump the Republican candidacy. ABC News reports that Haley will drop out of the Republican primary race after being unable to capitalize on her victory in Washington D.C. on Sunday, March 3. 

Donald Trump was able to secure the votes of 14 states on March 5, winning a total of 848 delegates, bumping him up to 1,059 delegates out of the total 1,215 needed to win, according to information from NBC News. The Hill reported the former Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) endorsed Trump after the news of Haley’s suspensions of her campaign. Talks of the endorsement came shortly after McConnell ended his 18-year career as Republican leader. Trump’s victory Tuesday almost guarantees a rematch against Democrat President Joe Biden, as the presidential candidate runs practically unopposed in his own party.

The presidential election wasn’t the only race to watch on Super Tuesday; NBC News reported on two key Senate races in the states of Texas and California. California watched the race to replace the former California Senator Dianne Feinstein. Democrat Adam Schiff and Republican Steve Garvey were chosen to battle for the Senate seat in California. In Texas, incumbent Republican Senator Ted Cruz is slated to race against Rep. Colin Allred in November after Allred won the election against his opponent Roland Gutierrez. 

With 219 Republicans and 213 Democrats in the House of Representatives and 48 Democrats in the Senate (with three additional independents who caucus with Democrats) and 49 Republicans, November is set to be a decisive election cycle. CNBC reports that Biden may be losing his edge over Trump after a series of polls revealed that Trump has an edge of two to five points over the President. Without Haley in the race, the general election has drawn closer, even before the primary election is over.