COVID vaccine before being administered.
COVID Vaccine Found to Have Three Links to Cardiac and Neurological Conditions
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • February 27, 2024

A new vaccine safety study has uncovered new side effects to many COVID vaccines. The effects, which...

Satellite menacingly headed towards Earth.
Forecast Shows Falling Satellite
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to NPR, European Remote Sensing 2, (ERS-2), a European satellite launched in 1995, was recently...

The fossil was determined to be a fraud.
Famous Fossil or Art Project?
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to CNN, researchers say that a famous fossil has caused a scandal. The fossil was discovered...

Title screen for the new adaptation.
“Avatar: The Last Airbender” Live Action Debut
Jet Taft, Columnist • February 27, 2024

The Nickelodeon original “Avatar: The Last Airbender” (ATLA), which ran from 2005 to 2008, has finally...

Hind Rajab is one of many children killed in the war between Israel and Hamas.
Five-Year-Old Palestinian Girl Found Dead After Being Trapped Under Israeli Fire
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 16, 2024

Hind Rajab, a five-year-old girl, was found dead under a car in Gaza. On Jan. 29, 2024, Rajab and her...

Maison Des Champs climbing Sphere.
Man Scales Sphere
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 16, 2024

On Feb. 7, a man by the name of Maison Des Champs, who uses the online name 'Pro-Life Spider-Man,' was...

Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show.
Jon Stewart Returns to “The Daily Show”
Suhani Singla, Columnist • February 16, 2024

CNN states that after eight years of absence, Jon Stewart has returned to “The Daily Show,” a comedic...

True Love and a Kidney

Photo Courtesy of Orlando 13
    Photo Courtesy of Orlando 13

On February 11th, in Jacksonville, Tennessee, a mere three days before Valentine’s Day,  Melissa DeGeso-Jones donated one of her kidneys to her husband, James Jones. Jones had been suffering from renal failure, which meant that his kidneys were unable to properly filter waste products from his blood. Renal failure is a very fast acting and potentially lethal condition. If Jones had not received a kidney from a donor, he would be kept in critical condition in the hospital, and would require intensive care. However with renal failure the effects may be reversible, and you may recover if you’re in relatively good health. The couple underwent the procedure on Monday, and it was a total success. Coincidentally, the couple had met two years ago on Valentines Day.

“I’m giving as much love as I have,” DeGeso-Jones said before the procedure. “It’s completely from my heart. James has said things to me about it being a huge sacrifice, and I said, ‘It’s not; it’s an investment. This is our life. It’s not just your life that I’m giving, too. There can’t be an ‘us’ without it.’ So, that’s what it’s about.” It’s clear that she is very loving and caring towards her husband, even going so far as to give a piece of herself to save him.

“It’s one of those things where I’ll continue to reciprocate this for the rest of my life, because you’ll never be able to give her anything that’s going to be able to match life,” James said.  While some give candy, flowers, or stuffed bears to loved ones for Valentine’s Day, no gift can ever compare to giving the gift of life.