COVID vaccine before being administered.
COVID Vaccine Found to Have Three Links to Cardiac and Neurological Conditions
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • February 27, 2024

A new vaccine safety study has uncovered new side effects to many COVID vaccines. The effects, which...

Satellite menacingly headed towards Earth.
Forecast Shows Falling Satellite
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to NPR, European Remote Sensing 2, (ERS-2), a European satellite launched in 1995, was recently...

The fossil was determined to be a fraud.
Famous Fossil or Art Project?
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to CNN, researchers say that a famous fossil has caused a scandal. The fossil was discovered...

Title screen for the new adaptation.
“Avatar: The Last Airbender” Live Action Debut
Jet Taft, Columnist • February 27, 2024

The Nickelodeon original “Avatar: The Last Airbender” (ATLA), which ran from 2005 to 2008, has finally...

Hind Rajab is one of many children killed in the war between Israel and Hamas.
Five-Year-Old Palestinian Girl Found Dead After Being Trapped Under Israeli Fire
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 16, 2024

Hind Rajab, a five-year-old girl, was found dead under a car in Gaza. On Jan. 29, 2024, Rajab and her...

Maison Des Champs climbing Sphere.
Man Scales Sphere
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 16, 2024

On Feb. 7, a man by the name of Maison Des Champs, who uses the online name 'Pro-Life Spider-Man,' was...

Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show.
Jon Stewart Returns to “The Daily Show”
Suhani Singla, Columnist • February 16, 2024

CNN states that after eight years of absence, Jon Stewart has returned to “The Daily Show,” a comedic...

Lynja from “Cooking With Lynja” Dead at 67

Lynja was well known for her dishes on social media.
Lynja brought a lot of life to social media through her cooking.
Youtube

A popular cooking creator on TikTok known as “Cooking With Lynja” was announced dead on Jan. 12, 2024, by her family. She died after dealing with throat cancer on New Year’s Day.

Lynn Yamada Davis, commonly known as “Lynja” online, was popular due to her unique cooking videos where she made recipes with fun twists and unique editing styles. The videos were unique and differentiated her from other cooking creators. She worked alongside her friend and fellow cooking creator Nick DiGiovanni. Davis had gained a massive following of 10 million subscribers on Youtube, 2.6 million followers on Instagram, and 20 million followers on TikTok following her death. One of her most popular recipes was cookies for cancer, which were a variety of different cookie flavors baked for the doctors that helped her with her cancer treatment. Her channel has been around for over a decade, starting in 2013 and getting popular around 2020.

According to Today, Davis died of esophageal cancer which affected her throat. This gave her a unique voice that many of her fans lovingly described as “grandmotherly.” Her videos were comforting to many people since she was a kind and funny person, and her cooking was excellent.

DiGiovonni made a video about her death producing a compilation of all their memories together. Some of these memories included the world records they broke together on TikTok. DiGiovanni described Davis as “The woman who fought off her cancer for as long as she could until it got the best of her.” Her son made the announcement of her death on many social media platforms stating that “her final moments were peaceful and in the presence of her friends and family.” The video went on to share pictures of Davis throughout the years.

Davis will be missed online. While “Cooking With Lynja” will not continue, her legacy certainly will. Rest in peace, Lynja.

View Comments (1)