COVID vaccine before being administered.
COVID Vaccine Found to Have Three Links to Cardiac and Neurological Conditions
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • February 27, 2024

A new vaccine safety study has uncovered new side effects to many COVID vaccines. The effects, which...

Satellite menacingly headed towards Earth.
Forecast Shows Falling Satellite
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to NPR, European Remote Sensing 2, (ERS-2), a European satellite launched in 1995, was recently...

The fossil was determined to be a fraud.
Famous Fossil or Art Project?
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to CNN, researchers say that a famous fossil has caused a scandal. The fossil was discovered...

Title screen for the new adaptation.
“Avatar: The Last Airbender” Live Action Debut
Jet Taft, Columnist • February 27, 2024

The Nickelodeon original “Avatar: The Last Airbender” (ATLA), which ran from 2005 to 2008, has finally...

Hind Rajab is one of many children killed in the war between Israel and Hamas.
Five-Year-Old Palestinian Girl Found Dead After Being Trapped Under Israeli Fire
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 16, 2024

Hind Rajab, a five-year-old girl, was found dead under a car in Gaza. On Jan. 29, 2024, Rajab and her...

Maison Des Champs climbing Sphere.
Man Scales Sphere
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 16, 2024

On Feb. 7, a man by the name of Maison Des Champs, who uses the online name 'Pro-Life Spider-Man,' was...

Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show.
Jon Stewart Returns to “The Daily Show”
Suhani Singla, Columnist • February 16, 2024

CNN states that after eight years of absence, Jon Stewart has returned to “The Daily Show,” a comedic...

Religious Affliation Declining

Religious Affliation Declining

A recent survey by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life has found a decline in the number of people who practice religion. From 1991 to 2000, believers of all faiths were at a consistent increase, but that’s declined in recent years. Now one in five Americans now claim to be agnostic, atheist, or have no religion. The current percentage of people in the United States who have no religion is 15 percent; in 1973  it was only 7 percent. According to the Pew Research Center, which is a research organization focused on religion in America, said one third of people ages 18 to 22 are religiously unaffiliated, replacing the past generation of believers. In the United States, “…the largest single faith group is Catholics, who make up about 22 percent of the population. Their numbers have held steady, mostly because an influx of immigrants has replaced the many Catholics who were raised in the church and left in the last five years,” said Mr. Gregory A. Smith, a senior researcher at the Pew Forum. Phil Zuckerman, a professor of sociology and secular studies at Pitzer College in Southern California, has another view. He commented, “The significant majority of the religiously unaffiliated tend to be left leaning, tend to support the Democratic Party, support gay marriage and environmental causes.” The age group and political ideology of non believers are thought to be the leading influence in their lack of religious affiliation.

In my life, my family is very involved with our church. I like being involved, but not to the extent that my parents are. I think it can be very hard for church to affect you in a negative way unless it is forced. Even if it isn’t forced, it can still be dreaded or disliked which is okay. I think that our generation is changing. For example, my parents don’t attend church as frequently as my grandparents. Would it be uncommon if we don’t show up as much as our parents? People now are different from people 40 years ago, and change in religion and people should be expected.