COVID vaccine before being administered.
COVID Vaccine Found to Have Three Links to Cardiac and Neurological Conditions
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • February 27, 2024

A new vaccine safety study has uncovered new side effects to many COVID vaccines. The effects, which...

Satellite menacingly headed towards Earth.
Forecast Shows Falling Satellite
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to NPR, European Remote Sensing 2, (ERS-2), a European satellite launched in 1995, was recently...

The fossil was determined to be a fraud.
Famous Fossil or Art Project?
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to CNN, researchers say that a famous fossil has caused a scandal. The fossil was discovered...

Title screen for the new adaptation.
“Avatar: The Last Airbender” Live Action Debut
Jet Taft, Columnist • February 27, 2024

The Nickelodeon original “Avatar: The Last Airbender” (ATLA), which ran from 2005 to 2008, has finally...

Hind Rajab is one of many children killed in the war between Israel and Hamas.
Five-Year-Old Palestinian Girl Found Dead After Being Trapped Under Israeli Fire
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 16, 2024

Hind Rajab, a five-year-old girl, was found dead under a car in Gaza. On Jan. 29, 2024, Rajab and her...

Maison Des Champs climbing Sphere.
Man Scales Sphere
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 16, 2024

On Feb. 7, a man by the name of Maison Des Champs, who uses the online name 'Pro-Life Spider-Man,' was...

Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show.
Jon Stewart Returns to “The Daily Show”
Suhani Singla, Columnist • February 16, 2024

CNN states that after eight years of absence, Jon Stewart has returned to “The Daily Show,” a comedic...

Tensions Rise Across the West as Hamas-Israel War Heats Up

As the war in the Gaza Strip intensifies, controversy and tensions surrounding the subject have begun to flair up.
Protests continue as conflicts rise in Israel.
USA Today

After an attack into Israel by Hamas, an Islamist terrorist group, on Saturday, Oct. 7, 2023 hundreds of Israelis were taken hostage or killed. In retaliation, the Israeli military launched a massive air campaign to bomb the Gaza Strip. The Israeli Defense Force (IDF) currently has troops and tanks stationed on the border in preparation for a ground invasion of Gaza reported Reuters. The article continues by stating an Israeli general called the attack “our 9/11.” Unfortunately, the consequences of war have spread beyond the Middle East and into America and Europe.

CBS reported that there has been a rise in anti-Semitic incidents since Oct. 7, and the Hill reported a steady rise in anti-Muslim hate crimes since the attack. Even members of Congress aren’t safe; NBC talked with congresswoman Ilhan Omar, a Democrat from Minnesota, who had repeatedly received violent death threats along with another Palestinian representative, Rep. Rashida Tlaib. Omar and fellow progressive representatives have been known to criticize Israel and have made statements supporting a free Palestine state.

College campuses have also become battlegrounds, just of a different nature. Reuters has reported that Pro-Israeli and Pro-Palestine groups have ‘clashed’ with protests and counter-protest. At Columbia University, one group holding “Free Palestine ” and “to exist is to resist” signs faced off against another group holding up pictures of the murdered and kidnapped victims of Hamas. According to The New York Times, countries across Europe have banned pro-Palestinian protests, which many have defied, and in London protesters clashed with police, leading to the arrest of 15 people.

While the attack on Israel is terrible, members of the global community should not take their outrage out on others; rather it should be a time of mourning, of unity and of healing as many in Israel and Gaza reassess their beliefs and struggle for their lives.