My Fondest Farewell
My Fondest Farewell
Carsten Oyer, Editor-in-Chief • May 24, 2024

Five years ago I entered the computer lab here on campus for the first time. I was attending the class...

My Last Article
My Last Article
Canon Grant, Political Analyst • May 24, 2024

Dear Horizon Honors, In Journalism, farewell articles are reserved for those who have spent a significant...

Daniel Duggan is under suspicion of betraying the U.S.
Former U.S. Marine Arrested in Australia after Unknowingly Working with a Chinese Hacker
Joey Miller, Columnist • May 21, 2024

A former United States Marine pilot fighting extradition from Australia to the U.S. was charged with...

Mary Alice Pultz has been identified as a dead body found decades ago.
Authorities in Florida Identify Remains of Woman Last Seen 40 Years Ago
Ethan Fulton, Columnist • May 21, 2024

In 1985, human remains were found on a beach in St. Johns County, Florida. On May 12, police were able...

Israels actions in the Gaza Strip are worthy of being called genocidal.
Israel Has Chosen Criminality
Carsten Oyer, Editor-in-Chief • May 21, 2024

It would be disingenuous to say that the Oct. 7, 2023 terror attack on Israel sparked the current war...

The aurora borealis could be seen in Arizona recently.
Aurora Borealis Visible in Arizona
Eli Geist, Columnist • May 21, 2024

Many travel far north just to get a glimpse of the aurora borealis; however, recently the amazing spectacle...

Squad Busters is a new game from Supercell.
New Supercell Game: “Squad Busters”
Matthew Greco, Columnist • May 21, 2024

The popular mobile game company Supercell just announced a new game currently in development called “Squad...

New Sports Added to The Olympics

The Olympic Committee has added six new sports, including flag football and cricket.
Players from each of the six sports added to the Olympics.
Newsroom

The International Olympic Committee continues to remake the Games with the hope of attracting new fans, and has added six new sports to the 2028 Olympics: baseball, softball, cricket, squash, flag football, and lacrosse. This gives the Los Angeles Olympics a very different look from earlier summer Olympics, says LA28. Squash and flag football will be in the Olympics for the first time, but cricket and lacrosse will be returning after appearances in early Olympics. Baseball and softball have both been in and out of recent Olympics, and have yet to find a permanent home.

None of the sports are guaranteed to remain in the Olympic Games past 2028, but some additions such as skateboarding and surfing have found permanent spots in the summer program, says Olympics. Joining these six new sports, though not in the Committee’s original plan, are weightlifting and modern pentathlon. The International Olympic Committee was worried about recent doping problems in weightlifting, but indicated late last week that the sport has made the correct moves to clean up those issues. 

The addition of eight new sports have many fans excited to see their favorite players on the international stage. This addition also causes L.A. 2028 to rocket past the IOC’s limit of 10,500 total athletes for summer Olympic Games, and in fact IOC leaders have conceded that some disciplines inside current summer sports could be removed and the athlete cap tweaked before the Los Angeles schedule is finalized in 2025.