Rutt the moose making his way North.
Minnesota Moose, Rutt, is on His Way North
Erin McGinty, Columnist • December 4, 2023

Rutt the Moose was found traveling north and social media has made it their duty to keep an eye on him....

The three students shot.
Three Palestinian Students Shot in Vermont
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • December 4, 2023

The Israel-Hamas conflict taking place in Gaza has caused tens of thousands of deaths in a short time...

Delicious, home made gallo pinto.
Gallo Pinto Recipe
Amanda Mourelo, Editor of Student Opinion and Features and Extras • November 28, 2023

Gallo pinto is a rice dish that elevates any meal but is especially great to eat for breakfast. The dish...

Sweet potato casserole made by this recipe.
Sweet Potato Casserole
Canon Grant, Columnist • November 22, 2023

Sweet potato casserole isn’t just any old casserole; it’s full of cheer and joy. Sweet potato casserole...

Delicious bruschetta paired with homemade spaghetti.
Bruschetta Recipe
Addyson Gauer, Editor of Campus Life and Sports • November 22, 2023

Appetizers are a great way to elevate any meal, and one that stands out among the rest is bruschetta....

The finished cornbread in a bag.
Sweet Pumpkin Cornbread Recipe
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • November 22, 2023

Cornbread is a classic Thanksgiving dish that has been a part of many family traditions for...

Brent Faiyazs new album, Larger Than Life
Brent’s Success is Larger Than Life
Maya Zappa, Columnist • November 20, 2023

Brent Faiyaz is one of the top Rhythm and Blues (R&B) artists in the game. All over the media, he...

Brent’s Success is Larger Than Life

Brent Faiyaz releases a new LP album, Larger Than Life.
Complex
Brent Faiyaz’s new album, Larger Than Life

Brent Faiyaz is one of the top Rhythm and Blues (R&B) artists in the game. All over the media, he is very popular and well known for his clothing brand NUWO, and his top hits album “Wasteland” that was released over a year ago. Most of the songs from the album had intros that made listeners feel more attached to his music. Faiyaz has continued to showcase his talents on any track he can get his hands on. His smooth and soulful vocals tend to pull in millions of listeners, leading him to be one of the most well known R&B artists in this generation.

The third studio album, Larger Than Life marks his first album released on his own imprint, meaning that he launched it with help from his new label ISO Supremacy and United Masters. According to Music Daily, Faiyaz tries to bring a retro take on this mixtape, showcasing old voices and beats, like his producer Timbaland, who was very popular in R&B in the ‘90s. He also brought in Missy Elliot, who became famous for her older hip hop beats. Faiyaz also gives underground artists some light. A$AP ANT, Tommy Richman, and Princess Cro have all had a chance to work with Faiyaz. Many have said that these features ruined the album, and that he could’ve done much better by himself. However, these features bring a new feel to his music and give others the chance to make their big break, since he was in their shoes at one point.

The song “WY@” is one of the most interesting songs on the album. It features a woman speaking Spanish at random stops throughout the song. Viewers have contemplated the mystery of who she is. Many hated this song when it was dropped as a single because they said that the woman messed up the song, saying she was unnecessary. This caused him to remove her and release it on his new album. This song is about having decisions that’ll always be there, meaning that he can always come back, but never get out. He’s also talking about addiction throughout the song, and how to deal with it while in a hard relationship. He said it’s a situation in the song where you’re submitting to it rather than fighting it. Faiyaz lyrics always have lessons and situations that some can relate to, that’s why so many people respect him as an artist.

Faiyaz has come a long way, from being overlooked for his talent, to now being one of the most listened to artists in the world. He doesn’t disappoint his listeners, and always seems to take into account what they are wanting, or suggesting he adds to his talents. He has a viewpoint on situations that not many artists talk about, which has truly put him on the podium. Faiyaz doesn’t shy away from challenges in the music industry, he makes it harder for artists to get up there with him.