COVID vaccine before being administered.
COVID Vaccine Found to Have Three Links to Cardiac and Neurological Conditions
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • February 27, 2024

A new vaccine safety study has uncovered new side effects to many COVID vaccines. The effects, which...

Satellite menacingly headed towards Earth.
Forecast Shows Falling Satellite
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to NPR, European Remote Sensing 2, (ERS-2), a European satellite launched in 1995, was recently...

The fossil was determined to be a fraud.
Famous Fossil or Art Project?
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to CNN, researchers say that a famous fossil has caused a scandal. The fossil was discovered...

Title screen for the new adaptation.
“Avatar: The Last Airbender” Live Action Debut
Jet Taft, Columnist • February 27, 2024

The Nickelodeon original “Avatar: The Last Airbender” (ATLA), which ran from 2005 to 2008, has finally...

Hind Rajab is one of many children killed in the war between Israel and Hamas.
Five-Year-Old Palestinian Girl Found Dead After Being Trapped Under Israeli Fire
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 16, 2024

Hind Rajab, a five-year-old girl, was found dead under a car in Gaza. On Jan. 29, 2024, Rajab and her...

Maison Des Champs climbing Sphere.
Man Scales Sphere
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 16, 2024

On Feb. 7, a man by the name of Maison Des Champs, who uses the online name 'Pro-Life Spider-Man,' was...

Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show.
Jon Stewart Returns to “The Daily Show”
Suhani Singla, Columnist • February 16, 2024

CNN states that after eight years of absence, Jon Stewart has returned to “The Daily Show,” a comedic...

NBA Star Accused of Improper Relationship With Minor

Oklahoma City Thunder’s own star Joshua Giddey has allegations of a relationship with a minor.
Joshua Giddey accused of a romantic relationship with a minor.
Thunderous Intentions

Joshua Giddey is a member of the National Basketball Association (NBA), currently playing for the Oklahoma City Thunder (OKC). Giddey is originally from Melbourne, Australia and was drafted to the OKC Thunder in 2021 fresh out of high school at only 19 years old. Giddey is a guard who continues to put on impressive stats, bringing him to fame in the basketball world, but his decisions off of the court put his career in jeopardy.

Recently on social media, many videos and photos were posted of Giddey, a 21-year-old, and a young girl who is believed to be a junior in high school. The photos insinuated they were in a romantic relationship. The news was all over TikTok, with many people relating him back to Karl Malone who was one of the greatest forwards from the Utah Jazz. He had an alleged relationship with a 13-year-old girl, which obliterated his chance to further his professional career. So many are saying Giddey is done for, but he did play 28 minutes against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Nov. 3 while all the allegations were known.

It was reported that on Nov. 3, the Newport Beach Police Department was setting out an official investigation. They started by taking down the initial account that leaked all the photos and videos, so that they could ensure a safe and fair investigation for all. Giddey was interviewed, but he declined to comment on any questions. According to New York Post, Thunder’s head coach Mark Daigneault stated “I’m not gonna comment on anything as it relates to Josh off the court.” It seems as though the Thunder organization is trying to excuse the matter and only deal with on court problems, not personal.

The girl and her family are all avoiding the matter, not speaking on anything. No one is aware if she’s been in contact with Giddey, but they have a lot against him. He still seems to be continuing on with his normal routine with the team. This makes it seem as though he’s hoping for a roadblock in this investigation.

View Comments (2)