Protesters clash with police.
University Campuses Become Battlegrounds as Tensions over Gaza Rise
Canon Grant, Political Analyst • April 29, 2024

On Monday, April 23 police arrested 47 pro-Palestinian protesters at Yale in Connecticut. In a statement,...

The finished product.
Juicy Jell-O Cupcakes
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 29, 2024

Cupcakes and Jell-O are two classic American sweet treats. When you combine them, you get a sweet, Jell-O...

Natalie Smith signs with The Ohio State.
Diving into D-1: Horizon Honors’s Natalie Smith Signs with The Ohio State
Kalyn McLeod, Managing Editor • April 25, 2024

On Wednesday, April 17, Horizon Honors’s senior Natalie Smith announced her commitment to swim Division...

MacAlpines Diner and Soda Fountain is attempting to reopen after the pandemic.
Historic Phoenix Diner Makes Effort to Reopen
Mateo Olmos, Columnist • April 19, 2024

One of Phoenix's oldest diners and soda fountains, called MacAlpines, is trying to reopen for the first...

Hiram Grayam was killed in 1968.
1968 Killing of a Milkman Solved 56 Years Later
Joey Miller, Columnist • April 19, 2024

A Florida milkman by the name of Hiram "Ross" Grayam didn’t return home one night after his rounds....

Charles Leclercs new ice cream will be available in Italian stores.
Lec Ice Cream
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 19, 2024

Charles Leclerc, a well known and highly successful Monegasque F1 driver, has recently created an ice...

Arizona abortion law has gone back in time.
Arizona’s New 160-Year-Old Abortion Law
Kalyn McLeod, Managing Editor • April 19, 2024

Since the overturning of Roe v. Wade in 2022, many states have faced new abortion laws; Arizona is the...

NBA Star Accused of Improper Relationship With Minor

Oklahoma City Thunder’s own star Joshua Giddey has allegations of a relationship with a minor.
Joshua Giddey accused of a romantic relationship with a minor.
Thunderous Intentions

Joshua Giddey is a member of the National Basketball Association (NBA), currently playing for the Oklahoma City Thunder (OKC). Giddey is originally from Melbourne, Australia and was drafted to the OKC Thunder in 2021 fresh out of high school at only 19 years old. Giddey is a guard who continues to put on impressive stats, bringing him to fame in the basketball world, but his decisions off of the court put his career in jeopardy.

Recently on social media, many videos and photos were posted of Giddey, a 21-year-old, and a young girl who is believed to be a junior in high school. The photos insinuated they were in a romantic relationship. The news was all over TikTok, with many people relating him back to Karl Malone who was one of the greatest forwards from the Utah Jazz. He had an alleged relationship with a 13-year-old girl, which obliterated his chance to further his professional career. So many are saying Giddey is done for, but he did play 28 minutes against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Nov. 3 while all the allegations were known.

It was reported that on Nov. 3, the Newport Beach Police Department was setting out an official investigation. They started by taking down the initial account that leaked all the photos and videos, so that they could ensure a safe and fair investigation for all. Giddey was interviewed, but he declined to comment on any questions. According to New York Post, Thunder’s head coach Mark Daigneault stated “I’m not gonna comment on anything as it relates to Josh off the court.” It seems as though the Thunder organization is trying to excuse the matter and only deal with on court problems, not personal.

The girl and her family are all avoiding the matter, not speaking on anything. No one is aware if she’s been in contact with Giddey, but they have a lot against him. He still seems to be continuing on with his normal routine with the team. This makes it seem as though he’s hoping for a roadblock in this investigation.

View Comments (2)