COVID vaccine before being administered.
COVID Vaccine Found to Have Three Links to Cardiac and Neurological Conditions
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • February 27, 2024

A new vaccine safety study has uncovered new side effects to many COVID vaccines. The effects, which...

Satellite menacingly headed towards Earth.
Forecast Shows Falling Satellite
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to NPR, European Remote Sensing 2, (ERS-2), a European satellite launched in 1995, was recently...

The fossil was determined to be a fraud.
Famous Fossil or Art Project?
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 27, 2024

According to CNN, researchers say that a famous fossil has caused a scandal. The fossil was discovered...

Title screen for the new adaptation.
“Avatar: The Last Airbender” Live Action Debut
Jet Taft, Columnist • February 27, 2024

The Nickelodeon original “Avatar: The Last Airbender” (ATLA), which ran from 2005 to 2008, has finally...

Hind Rajab is one of many children killed in the war between Israel and Hamas.
Five-Year-Old Palestinian Girl Found Dead After Being Trapped Under Israeli Fire
Joey Miller, Columnist • February 16, 2024

Hind Rajab, a five-year-old girl, was found dead under a car in Gaza. On Jan. 29, 2024, Rajab and her...

Maison Des Champs climbing Sphere.
Man Scales Sphere
Erin McGinty, Columnist • February 16, 2024

On Feb. 7, a man by the name of Maison Des Champs, who uses the online name 'Pro-Life Spider-Man,' was...

Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show.
Jon Stewart Returns to “The Daily Show”
Suhani Singla, Columnist • February 16, 2024

CNN states that after eight years of absence, Jon Stewart has returned to “The Daily Show,” a comedic...

Goodbye Kelce

Philadelphia Eagles Jason Kelce announces retirement to teammates after playoff loss.
Jason Kelce is a star player for the Eagles.
Forbes

Jason Kelce has been the Philadelphia Eagles’ center for thirteen seasons in the National Football League (NFL). He’s outstandingly grown in popularity over the past few seasons due to how active he is with the public. Many know him for his younger brother Travis Kelce, the star tight end on the Kansas City Chiefs. They both take part in a podcast called “New Heights.” This has grown their fanbase over the offseason by showing their brotherly bond and stories. This led to both being some of the top-watched players in the NFL alongside many talented individuals.

Monday, Jan. 15 was the first round of playoffs for the Eagles. They played against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who were led by Baker Mayfield who has recently made a clear upbringing in his game after being in the shadows for a few seasons. According to Forbes, Monday night’s game ended in a huge shutout by the Buccaneers of 32 to 9. After the game it was reported that Kelce announced to his fellow teammates that he is going to further retire. It’s not a set-in-stone decision, but he still has the whole offseason to confirm him parting ways with the NFL.

Kelce has had a lot of accomplishments throughout his whole career in the league. He’s always been the star face for the Eagles since throughout all his thirteen seasons he’s stayed true to Philadelphia. He was recently selected for his seventh Pro-Bowl and sixth first-team All-Pro. He also helped lead the Eagles to their Super Bowl LVII win in 2017. His athletic fame contributed to him being recently named one of People’s Sexiest Men Alive for 2023 alongside some of the top actors and artists. Kelce’s jersey was also the top selling jersey in the NFL for women. The Kelce family has also become very popular; wife Kylie McDevitt Kelce and their three daughters have recently released a documentary about their life of parenthood while dealing with becoming stars.

Many say there is no doubt that even if this was his last season that he’ll be entered into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. His legacy has created a new wave of energy in the league allowing other players to express themselves off the field and have a fanbase of their own. Kelce will be missed by many, but his name will always be brought up when talking about key players of the game.