What is Happening with Johnny Depp?

Deadline

Actor Johnny Depp has faced major backlash over his wife’s allegations.

Luke Culver, Student Opinion Editor

Johnny Depp is a well known actor that played some amazing roles in movies such as “Pirates of the Carribean,” “Edward Scissorhands,” and “Willy Wonka.” During these tough times, though, Depp has dealt with more than just COVID-19.

Amber Heard, Depp’s ex-wife and an actor who played Princess Mera in Aquaman, as well as other roles, recently got into a divorce with Depp. When Depp and Heard divorced, Heard was quick to file a restraining order against Depp, along with false accusations of physical and verbal abuse. To “confirm” this, Heard put on makeup for “evidence.” When this case was taken to court, the judge ruled that 12 out of 14 claims Heard made met the threshold for truth in civil court. Depp’s attorney states that they plan to appeal. Depp is suing Heard for defamation in U.S. court after publishing an op-ed in the Washington Post after calling herself a survivor of violence. However, Depp seems to worry more about his public image rather than winning the case. During past interviews, it is evident that Depp and Heard had an uncomfortable nature around each other.

Furthermore, to worsen the situation for Depp, Warner Bros. is having him exit the role of Gellert Grindelwald from the film series “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.” In 2020, voice recording captured Heard hitting Depp over him leaving the night before to escape more abuse. According to Insider, Heard confesses she gets “so mad I lose it.” The only thing left to do for Depp is to hope that he can get his role back, and (hopefully) reveal the true situation regarding Amber Heard, per NBC News.