An employee at the Target forensics lab in classic Target uniform.
The Target Forensics Lab
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 11, 2024

Target, just like many other retailers, has fallen victim to shoplifters, with almost a billion dollars...

Israeli protests stirred debate over Netanyahus position.
Israeli Citizens Demand a Ceasefire
Ethan Fulton, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Israeli citizens stormed central Jerusalem on Sunday, March 31 in the largest anti-government protest...

A cow.
Animals and People Across the Country Catch Bird Flu
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Across the United States, farm animals such as cows and chickens have been testing positive for a disease...

Ukrainian forces survey damage.
Republican Rep. Confident Ukraine Aid Will Make It to House Floor
Canon Grant, Political Analyst • April 5, 2024

Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY) said in a recent CNN “State of the Union” interview that he was confident...

The finished product.
Blissful Brookies
Matthew Greco, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Cookies are amazing. You can put anything in them. Brownies are chocolatey goodness. They’re always...

Dan Schneider hugs a cast member.
Nickelodeon’s Dark Side
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Dan Schneider, director of many of the older Nickelodeon shows like “iCarly,” “The Amanda Show!,”...

There were three racers who did not finish the race.
Australian Grand Prix 2024 Summed Up
Matthew Greco, Columnist • March 28, 2024

The Australian Grand Prix which took place over two days has just come to a close. This article covers...

Chiefs Take Victory at the Super Bowl

The Chiefs won the Lombardi trophy after a tight game that ended in overtime.
Super Bowl LVIII was a nail biter for both teams.
CBS Sports

The 2024 Super Bowl was the 58th installment of a long line of National Football League championships. This year, the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers went head to head in a close game. This was only the second Super Bowl to go into overtime. The first Super Bowl to go into overtime was in 2017 when Tom Brady snatched a victory from the Atlanta Falcons.

The score by the end of the game was 25 to 22 with the Chiefs in the lead. The first quarter was devoid of scoring with no team able to inch into the endzone or land a field goal. Patrick Mahomes played exceptionally well, especially towards the end of the game. He was able to spot open teammates and take massive yardage most of the time.

Although the Kansas City Chiefs were the ultimate victors, the San Francisco 49ers were dominant for the first half of the game. The 49ers scored 10 points in the second quarter and outdid the Chiefs in the fourth with nine points over six.

When the game reached overtime every fan was on the edge of their seat. This was the first overtime to implement the new rules which stated if the first team on the offensive scored in overtime the next team would still have a chance to score. The game worked well with these new rules and the players didn’t have to adapt all that much to them. The 49ers scored first with a field goal but the Chiefs came back with an easy touchdown in a genius play executed perfectly.

This year’s Super Bowl commercials were ridiculous and funny. One of the commercials that got the most praise was the State Farm commercial featuring actor Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito. It consisted of a sequence where he would say “neighbor” but it would come out as “neigh-bar.” Another was the Dunkin’ Donuts commercial featuring Ben Affleck and former quarterback, Tom Brady. Another ridiculous one was the E*Trade commercial featuring two babies playing pickleball. Yahoo provides a vote that was taken with over 160,000 people participating; they said that  the State Farm commercial was the most popular with a score of 6.68.

The Fifty eighth Super Bowl was filled with tense moments and was an entertaining experience. Chiefs fans will be sure to be celebrating in the days to follow.