Natalie Smith signs with The Ohio State.
Diving into D-1: Horizon Honors’s Natalie Smith Signs with The Ohio State
Kalyn McLeod, Managing Editor • April 25, 2024

On Wednesday, April 17, Horizon Honors’s senior Natalie Smith announced her commitment to swim Division...

MacAlpines Diner and Soda Fountain is attempting to reopen after the pandemic.
Historic Phoenix Diner Makes Effort to Reopen
Mateo Olmos, Columnist • April 19, 2024

One of Phoenix's oldest diners and soda fountains, called MacAlpines, is trying to reopen for the first...

Hiram Grayam was killed in 1968.
1968 Killing of a Milkman Solved 56 Years Later
Joey Miller, Columnist • April 19, 2024

A Florida milkman by the name of Hiram "Ross" Grayam didn’t return home one night after his rounds....

Charles Leclercs new ice cream will be available in Italian stores.
Lec Ice Cream
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 19, 2024

Charles Leclerc, a well known and highly successful Monegasque F1 driver, has recently created an ice...

Arizona abortion law has gone back in time.
Arizona’s New 160-Year-Old Abortion Law
Kalyn McLeod, Managing Editor • April 19, 2024

Since the overturning of Roe v. Wade in 2022, many states have faced new abortion laws; Arizona is the...

The Bayer Leverkusen team celebrating their title with a cardboard cutout of the Bundesliga trophy.
Bayer Leverkusen Wins Historic First Bundesliga Title
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 19, 2024

On Sunday, April 14, 2024, a match between two top flight German soccer teams Bayer 04 Leverkusen and...

Several popular horror video games.
Horror’s Ability to Possess People
Jet Taft, Columnist • April 19, 2024

Horror, since the concept's creation, has captivated many. The spooky atmospheres, the thrill of adrenaline...

Chiefs Take Victory at the Super Bowl

The Chiefs won the Lombardi trophy after a tight game that ended in overtime.
Super Bowl LVIII was a nail biter for both teams.
CBS Sports

The 2024 Super Bowl was the 58th installment of a long line of National Football League championships. This year, the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers went head to head in a close game. This was only the second Super Bowl to go into overtime. The first Super Bowl to go into overtime was in 2017 when Tom Brady snatched a victory from the Atlanta Falcons.

The score by the end of the game was 25 to 22 with the Chiefs in the lead. The first quarter was devoid of scoring with no team able to inch into the endzone or land a field goal. Patrick Mahomes played exceptionally well, especially towards the end of the game. He was able to spot open teammates and take massive yardage most of the time.

Although the Kansas City Chiefs were the ultimate victors, the San Francisco 49ers were dominant for the first half of the game. The 49ers scored 10 points in the second quarter and outdid the Chiefs in the fourth with nine points over six.

When the game reached overtime every fan was on the edge of their seat. This was the first overtime to implement the new rules which stated if the first team on the offensive scored in overtime the next team would still have a chance to score. The game worked well with these new rules and the players didn’t have to adapt all that much to them. The 49ers scored first with a field goal but the Chiefs came back with an easy touchdown in a genius play executed perfectly.

This year’s Super Bowl commercials were ridiculous and funny. One of the commercials that got the most praise was the State Farm commercial featuring actor Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito. It consisted of a sequence where he would say “neighbor” but it would come out as “neigh-bar.” Another was the Dunkin’ Donuts commercial featuring Ben Affleck and former quarterback, Tom Brady. Another ridiculous one was the E*Trade commercial featuring two babies playing pickleball. Yahoo provides a vote that was taken with over 160,000 people participating; they said that  the State Farm commercial was the most popular with a score of 6.68.

The Fifty eighth Super Bowl was filled with tense moments and was an entertaining experience. Chiefs fans will be sure to be celebrating in the days to follow.