An employee at the Target forensics lab in classic Target uniform.
The Target Forensics Lab
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 11, 2024

Target, just like many other retailers, has fallen victim to shoplifters, with almost a billion dollars...

Israeli protests stirred debate over Netanyahus position.
Israeli Citizens Demand a Ceasefire
Ethan Fulton, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Israeli citizens stormed central Jerusalem on Sunday, March 31 in the largest anti-government protest...

A cow.
Animals and People Across the Country Catch Bird Flu
Jameson Kowalski, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Across the United States, farm animals such as cows and chickens have been testing positive for a disease...

Ukrainian forces survey damage.
Republican Rep. Confident Ukraine Aid Will Make It to House Floor
Canon Grant, Political Analyst • April 5, 2024

Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY) said in a recent CNN “State of the Union” interview that he was confident...

The finished product.
Blissful Brookies
Matthew Greco, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Cookies are amazing. You can put anything in them. Brownies are chocolatey goodness. They’re always...

Dan Schneider hugs a cast member.
Nickelodeon’s Dark Side
Erin McGinty, Columnist • April 5, 2024

Dan Schneider, director of many of the older Nickelodeon shows like “iCarly,” “The Amanda Show!,”...

There were three racers who did not finish the race.
Australian Grand Prix 2024 Summed Up
Matthew Greco, Columnist • March 28, 2024

The Australian Grand Prix which took place over two days has just come to a close. This article covers...

Australian Grand Prix 2024 Summed Up

Covering the three DNFs, the free practices, and other parts of the race.
Express Drives

The Australian Grand Prix which took place over two days has just come to a close. This article covers the race highlights, qualifying highlights, and all three free practices.

In free practice one (FP1) McLaren’s driver, Lando Noris, set the fastest lap of the practice with a time of one minute and 18 seconds. In addition, Alex Albon took the corner on turn seven but was reported fine after his car hit a wall on turn eight. FP2 started with Valtteri Bottas spinning out at turn one due to a lock up. Along with Fernando Alonso in first place with a time of one minute and 28 seconds. Max Verstappen got first place in FP3 with the same time of one minute and 28 seconds.

During the race itself, Zhou Guanyu lost control of his car and crashed into the barrier at turn seven, and Logan Sargent caused damage to his car after clipping the wall and consequently ended the session early.

The qualifying lineup was Max Verstappen in first, Carlos Sainz in second, and Sergio Perez in third. Albon damaged his car severely and they didn’t have a spare of the part his car needed so his team decided to give Logan’s car to Albon basically disqualifying him from the rest of the race week. The race was very chaotic; starting off just three laps in, Verstappen’s brakes jammed and he had to retire from the race. In the pit lane, his brakes caught on fire. This incident broke his nine win streak and this is his first did not finish since 2022. A few laps after Verstappen’s retirement from the race Lewis Hamilton’s engine suddenly cut out leading him to retire from the race. On the last lap George Russel was following Fernando Alonso and Alonso “brake checked” him leading George to crash into a wall before being flung into the middle of the track sideways. The race’s podium was a Ferrari 1-2 with Sainz taking first place one race after getting his appendix removed. Charels Leclerc took second and Lando Norris took third.

The Australian Grand Prix was a wild race with three racers who did not finish, only 19 drivers on the track, and a very interesting weekend overall.

View Comments (1)