New Horizon Honors Activities

The school has many events going on right now.

Horizon Honors Middle School EBlast

Grace Freed, Columnist

Lately, Horizon Honors Secondary has released many new productions and events that many people are unaware of. Here are a few of the Horizon exclusive events that you can support and participate in.

Horizon Honors Choir Poinsettias

The Horizon Honors Choir is selling poinsettias again! Due to the pandemic, the Horizon Honors choirs were unable to sell these flowers, but this year they are back! You can purchase the flowers until Nov. 22, 2021, and they can be picked up at the December choir concert on Dec. 2, 2021. The money raises money for the choir such as for shoes, dresses, risers, music, and microphones. While picking flowers, you can choose a student and choir to support. If you can’t pick up your flowers, a student can also bring them to you. The flowers will add a special holiday touch and are only $12. These magnificent flowers can be purchased at the Horizon Honors website. The choir’s goal is to sell 300 poinsettias, so be sure to spread the word.

“It’s a Wonderful Life” Production

“It’s a Wonderful Life” is a play performed by the Horizon Honors Drama Club. They have been working on this show for months now and are excited to perform it for an audience. The show is a holiday-themed play by Frank Carpra and James W. Rodgers. The production shows friendship, human spirit, the importance of asking for help, and the impact George Bailey has on his community. In the film, Bailey faces family issues as well as financial difficulties but receives help from Clara Oddbody. Tickets are on sale now, students/childrens tickets are five dollars and adults are 10. They can be purchased at the Horizon Honors website. The time of the shows are:

• Nov. 12 at 7:30 pm
  • Nov. 13 at 3:30 and 7:30 pm
  • Nov. 19 at 3:30 and 7:30 pm
  • Nov. 20 at 7:30 pm

Cheer Clinic

The cheer clinic takes place Nov. 14, 2021, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the gymnasium. Pre-registration is required and it’s $50 to register. You can register at Horizon Honors. The cheer clinic hasn’t been a thing since 2019 because of COVID; however, it’s officially reopened and you can buy merch there as well. At the clinic, there are a couple stations for stunts, chants, and dance. You get to learn fun cheers to support Horizon Honors. The coaches are nice and the stations are exciting. The cheer clinic is great for an out-of-school activity. At the end, you can perform for an audience!

These new Horizon Honors activities are amusing and exciting, they are fairly cheap, and help the school for later activities!